My first "solo" weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first "solo" weekend

This past weekend, I was officially legal and ready to go on my own, so I headed out to do a little riding, and it turned into almost 160 miles over the 2 days.

Coming from what I always thought was a very closeknit car community, I was amazed at all the waves, and smiles, and general conversation at stop lights, stop signs, and the local suzuki dealer that was my destination on saturday.

My gs700 is mechanically great, but she isn't much to look at. (She's beautiful to me...but ya know, even ugly kids are loved by their parents.)
    Imagine my suprise when I got compliments on the bike almost everywhere I encountered other people on newer bikes! Everyone wanted to share an old bike story, and I ended up taking a much longer route and much more time than I originally intended to take.

I chatted with everyone from young guys on sport bikes, to old guys on harleys, and a couple salespeople at the local triumph dealership and everyone was so nice and social. What a great way to spend a weekend. Remind me the next time I decide to take 10 years off from riding anything with 2 wheels that I'm an idiot, and I'm missing out on a great community.

Yep, its great isnt it? Its strange how many people will stop to shoot the breeze with if you're on a bike.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
    X