First group ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First group ride!

Last evening I went for my first group ride! It was with the Christian Motorcyclist Association. There were about 35 bikes, Mostly HD's, Goldwings, a BMW, one new GSXR and one '78 GS1000! ME! I had the oldest bike there. It was so cool. I saw an old friend I bump into once in a while was checking out my bike. I hollered, "What's that you're eyeballing?" He says with a big smile, "That your's?" I guess my sh1t-eating grin gave it away. It got a lot of nods.

The ol' girl ran awesome and had lots of snort to pass a pokey dude on a sportster HD.

Man, it's fun being different! one of two dudes there with a full face, and the oldest bike there.

Kick ass!

Well, a 78 1000 is as legendary as it gets for Suzuki. That bike made the entire company and Wes Cooley famous!
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Rock on buddy. Still holds it's own even with all that modern metal doesn't it?

Comment

You bet, Hoomie!

I'm not a at all embarressed to say that I was disapointed with the speed of the ride. I wanted to open 'er up and see what the old girl would do! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy
          Last evening I went for my first group ride!

Man, it's fun being different! one of two dudes there with a full face, and the oldest bike there.

Kick ass!
          I LOVE group rides. Thats why I belong to the SCRC!!! You should check them out, maybe start a chapter in your area! When I started the local chapter it ws the only one in BC. There are now 4 on the island and 3-5 more on the mainland. My '78 GS 1000 has been the oldest bike in the chapter ever since I started it!!!! I LOVE it!

However the pace of a group ride is SLOWER compared to riding alone. It just simply HAS to be. Our chapter has the speed limit +10 kph rule that we follow pretty close.

Comment

Good deal.

Last Saturday I went on the Run for the Son with 3 CMA chapters and about 80 bikes and the week before I went on the Ride for Kids ride with 450 bikes.

Comment

Good stuff guys! I'm making friends with the CMA guys and plan to ride with them a lot. I just wish they kept the posted +10 rule instead of the posted -10 rule.

It's cool riding with my brothers and sisters that aren't ashamed to ride with a "Jesus First" button on their vests.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy
                Good stuff guys! I'm making friends with the CMA guys and plan to ride with them a lot. I just wish they kept the posted +10 rule instead of the posted -10 rule.

It's cool riding with my brothers and sisters that aren't ashamed to ride with a "Jesus First" button on their vests.
                Our church has a bike club. COLF

We need to get together again soon too.

Comment

Ours, too. We ride every Thursday night at 6:00, usually go out for 2 hours or so. Most nights there are just 5 or 6 of us, but it's really fun group riding. Even though you can't really visit, the fellowship is good and real!

We are planning a run from here (Fergus Falls, MN) to Duluth in June for a weekend, running up the North Shore of Lake Superior. That should be a beautiful run.

I dream of riding my bike downtown Stillwater on some warm summer Friday night, as well!

Jesse

Comment

thats really cool that your church does rides...I think that once I get a bike, I will be the only one to show up to the service on two wheels:-D .

I dont know many other people that ride, so those in my area, we gotta organize something (once I can ride, of course!)

Comment

Working...
                    X