Strange GS passengers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange GS passengers?

I think that someone had posted something like this in the past but I'll try it again for fun. What is the strangest passenger or item that you have transported on your GS or other bikes? What reminded me of this was that yesterday evening a went to the local gun shop while I was out riding the GS. I was just gonna look! After deciding that the deal was too sweet to pass up I left at closing time never thinking about what was to happen next. I had just purchased a new .45/410 rifle and in the excitement I forgot that I was traveling on two wheels. Thankfully I had my handy bungee net and strapped the box to my rear seat. Just think if I hadn't gotten the box or didn't have the bungee? That might have looked very strange riding home holding or sitting on a long gun! Share your funny stories.

here it is

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=90939
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I brought a 25lb frozen turkey back home with me across the us/canada border last fall. Strapped it on to the luggage rack. The border guard had a good laugh.

I have carried a huge screen tent that you put picnic tables in - that hung out about 2 feet out the back of the rack

I have carried several computers

Then there was the moosehead lake run This will require a list :
      Cooler (holds 3 - 2quart bottles)
      stove,
      frying pan (big cast iron)
      6 man tent
      Sleeping bag
      40x20 tarp
      60 feet of rope
      hatchet
      enough tools for complete disassembly of a GS
      Plus my clothes!

Comment

Originally posted by JHawkins
        I brought a 25lb frozen turkey back home with me across the us/canada border last fall. Strapped it on to the luggage rack. The border guard had a good laugh.

I have carried a huge screen tent that you put picnic tables in - that hung out about 2 feet out the back of the rack

I have carried several computers

Then there was the moosehead lake run This will require a list :
        Cooler (holds 3 - 2quart bottles)
        stove,
        frying pan (big cast iron)
        6 man tent
        Sleeping bag
        40x20 tarp
        60 feet of rope
        hatchet
        Plus my clothes!
        Ahhh, the tarp. I have fond memories of that tarp...

I carried a mountain bike and a bag of golf clubs before at the same time.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

You too have a stock Suzuki toolkit in the underseat compartment?

--L

Comment

Originally posted by lord1234
            You too have a stock Suzuki toolkit in the underseat compartment?

--L
            nah, brought good quality ratchets/wrenches and such!

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
              Ahhh, the tarp. I have fond memories of that tarp...

I carried a mountain bike and a bag of golf clubs before at the same time.
              wow, the mountain bike would have been interesting on it's own!

Comment

wow, the mountain bike would have been interesting on it's own!
                Yeah, really. Ive often toyed with the idea, but I cant really figure out a way to do it without dismantling the bike or killing myself and/or destroying the bike. Killing the bike would be a real tragedy, I have as much cash in it as I do the GS....for now at least :-D

Comment

This thread is pretty boring without pictures, y'know.

Comment

Originally posted by drcoopster
                    :-D

Brad tt

Comment

Originally posted by drcoopster
                      Sorry coop, you'll have to use your imagination on this one too. I do have a picture but it's analog and I don't have a scanner.

Camping out at (check a map, keep this place in mind it's a jewel at above 4,000 ft, pretty high for the east, National Forest Campground, little spring fed lake, observation tower.) High Knob Recreation Area near Norton, VA (why yes, Virginia, it is named after the legendary Commando.8-[ She'll believe anything...) I woke to find one of those lime green thin as a blade grasshoppers on the back of the windshield on the bike. He/she (?) hung on when I packed up and went up to the observation tower. Was still there after gassing up in Norton. Five miles into the ride home I found myself talking to this damn bug...:shock: . Doggoned if it didn't accompany me all the way to Lexington. Even parked, unpacked and it was still there. The next morning it was gone. Damn bug was good company.

Comment

on my old gs550 I was working as a despatch rider in and around London.
                        Strangest things ever,
                        a Sack of Scaffolding fittings, had to ride nearly 200 miles with them on the back, front wheel barely touching the ground all the way.

human testicles, yes, it is true, I had to go to a north london hospital, stand outside the operating room (don't cross the red line) and a nurse ran out with a little jiffy bag (padded envelope) containing the testes from the patient (deceased I would imagine) , which I had to urgently deliver to Glaxo, for biopsey (spelling)
                        Can you imagine if I had crashed and the bag burst open :grin:

Comment

Working...
                        X