The test ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The test ride

Monday night I put a used engine in my 1983 GS1100GLD. I got the engine for a song. I got the engine in and wired by bed time monday night. Tuesday I put the carbs and such on and headed out for a test ride. The new engine runs great plenty of get-up and go. I got to a buddys house about 30 miles away. He decided to go for a ride back to my place to clean them up and head to a local bike night. Well we make it about 1/2 way back to my house and my bike dies. HMMM.....

I hit the starter nothing, Dead battery... Bad R/R?.... so he turned around and got the truck and trailer. We load it up and off to my garage.

I test the stater... It's OK
    I charge the battery start the bike and pull the positive cable...Bike dies. Ahh... Bad R/R.... So, I put in my spare...Same thing Hmmm.....

I start looking around the wires and find one lonely looking ground wire that terminates in a bullet connector so I ground it. I start the bike up pull the cable and presto chango it stays running.

So I wasted a great day to ride chaseing a problem that was my fault

Oh well... I can ride again tomarrow:-D

Later BJ

How does it feel to be the only person in our group that ever made a mistake while doing wiring LOL LOL\\/

BTW solder things.:-D

Comment

Hmmm, It's not as nice as I thought it would be. And to top it all off, It's raining today and I can't ride Theres allways tomarrow

Comment

Working...
      X