Ride down in the Hill Country Saw a Mint GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride down in the Hill Country Saw a Mint GS

Took a ride down to the hill country over the weekend. Tons of fun great (read:twisty) roads. Here are the pics:

td3620s_son running on the Dyno at the motorcycle muesuem just north of Vanderpool

This bike is all original right down to the seat the motor has never been torn down

A sweet 4-cylinder Indian

:rock;

On Hwy. 337 What a great View

Another Great view

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Another WEEEEEEEEEEE Moment

Comment

A mint condition 78 GS1000. It insipired us to get back to work on my greatgrandfathers 79 GS1000.

All in all a great time I will post a slideshow with music added later I'll update when that happens.it will have extra pics in it.

I'm also going to post my dyno run sheet when I get back to NC and can scan it.

Comment

Nice pics. How'd the bike dyno? You see a few nice bikes out there mixed in with the Harleys and the repli-racers. You can't beat the roads.

Comment

76.6 FT-Lbs of torque at about 6k RPM
          113 HP at about 8800RPM.

Athmosphereic conditions 80*F 27.87 in.Hg. at 1700Ft. CF=1.08

The graph looked great the HP curve is just a straight line up to 113 and the Torque curve isn't really a curve at all it looks more like a table. At 3300 RPM it was producing about 69 Ft. Lbs.

Mods include:
          Holeshot Stg.1 mod jet kit (this kit includes the K&N filter)
          Holeshot 17in. Street core Can
          Holeshot 5deg. timing advancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
            Nice pics. How'd the bike dyno? You see a few nice bikes out there mixed in with the Harleys and the repli-racers. You can't beat the roads.
            Many nice bikes. Saw a BMW K1200R for the first time ever. Lots o goldwings one ST1300 and so many BMW GS1200s I lost count.

I plan on making a yearly trip out of it now. With the Republic of Texas Rally going on in Austin (drawing in more than 60,000+ bikes) it drew a lot of attention away from that area especially since Austin is 160 miles away. The roads were empty till late that afternoon when some riders from Austin started trickling in. They really didn't ride the roads there they just stoped at the Frio Canyon motorcycle shop and drank beer for the most part.

Comment

Yeah, you only run into a few clumps of Harleys once you get past Leakey. They usually screw up the stretch between Vanderpool and Leakey though.

Comment

I've made two runs to the museum and I think by now have a complete set of pics of all those bikes. I can't get enough of looking at them. I don't know if I will make the scheduled fall ride or not but I am definitely going back this year, even if I have to go ride alone. Still trying to get my wife to sling a leg over her bike without doing a Scotty. Lord only knows when she will be up to doing a Hill Country ride, but I am working on it. There are probably no MSF courses I can get her in this year. every one I tried to get her into are full, plus I am a lousy teacher....
                Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2006, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X