So here I am...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here I am...

In a small cybercafe in Merrit, BC, Canada.

The plan was to take the 850. You know just load it up and go from Calgary to Victoria. Well that didn't quite happen. (Note for the future, girls pack WAY too much crap).

Okay so we pile all our (her) stuff into the mini van. I get out to Kamloops and the danged thing breaks down. Hmm.. okay. Haul it in to Canandian tire and get it fixed. It's the fuel pump. Naw it can't be I just had it replaced on thursday, two days ago. Canadian tire gets it running again. Sort of. I make it to Merrit about 80 or so kilometers out of kamloops and it blows again. *twitch*

Sitting here thinking about the last good ride I had on Black Betty. Crappy day at work. Thinking about things I shouldn't have been, (don't ask) and I snap. I tell the boss I'm going home. I walk in the door at the house and see my helmet sitting on the top rack of my closet. Well that settled that. I suit up and hop on. Swing over grab the little woman and blow the city.

Any one around Clagary would know the route I took. Highway 22x out to Bragg Creek and in and around through Priddis. I got turned around and ended up back in Bragg five or so hours later. Not a bad way to kill a day. The rain and hail couldn't touch how glad I was feeling after a burn around like that.

The girlfriend on the other hand... Well it was her first time on any bike really. Five hours and some lousy weather. Well if she suvived that I think she can handle a trip to Vic from Calgary... The lesson never assume.

BTW, bikes don't have fuel pumps either.

Originally posted by Millhouse

BTW, bikes don't have fuel pumps either.

Ahh gravity is a lovely tool ain't it!

Comment

I have to admit I like a positve feed of fuel into my motor.

Comment

hOT DOWN THERE THIS TIME OF YEAR. iN fsj LAST WEEKEND, IT WAS 35 IN THE SHADE.

Yes. I type without looking at the screen while leaving caplock on. Sue me.

Comment

Don't bother me any. Just have to open up the jacket and roll.

Besides it's a good excuse for a tan. :P

Comment

Working...
          X