1st 80 mile night ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st 80 mile night ride

Had to make a quick eighty mile trip begining at sundown last week. Learned that leathers are a must at night due to the bugs. After completing my mission, I swung by my mechanical-genius friend's midnight shop. And wouldn't you know it he dragged out an better-than -good quality seat to replace mine? Talk about Karma. So I was happy as I gassed up and headed home at 2 a.m.

Man what a ride. I rode about sixty miles without encountering another vehical of any kind on a full-moonlit backroad black- top. It was magic. Usually I'm not the greedy type but I'm glad eyeryone is sleeping during the best drive time.

Any more nighthawks out there?

Originally posted by MacMcGill750
    Any more nighthawks out there?
    Yep....most of the time. As I commute to work at night, I ride alot during the wee hours. It's alot different than day time riding as the air is still...not as much turbulance on the highways. It can be very magical.

Comment

I've been riding to work at 4:30 AM lately. I meet a buddy who lives nearby and we ride our bikes to work. It is quite enjoyable to be out at that time of day and not have to worry about all the traffic and other headaches. I have only encountered two problems. At one major intersection we have to run the light almost everyday because the sensors buried in the pavement don't seem to pickup my friends 350 enduro or my yamaha 400. The second problem is the little critters who wonder onto the roadways at night.

Comment

Originally posted by dlancer
        I've been riding to work at 4:30 AM lately. I meet a buddy who lives nearby and we ride our bikes to work. It is quite enjoyable to be out at that time of day and not have to worry about all the traffic and other headaches. I have only encountered two problems. At one major intersection we have to run the light almost everyday because the sensors buried in the pavement don't seem to pickup my friends 350 enduro or my yamaha 400. The second problem is the little critters who wonder onto the roadways at night.

My Big Concern is the BIG Critters! ie DEER:shock:
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc
          [/COLOR]

My Big Concern is the BIG Critters! ie DEER:shock:

Exactly!! the reason we stay off the interstate. We take surface streets most with streetlights. It dosen't take any longer and at the slower speeds we have a little more time to react. I ride a lot in the country around Cincinnati. To be honest with you I worry more about deer than I do cars anymore. Lately I see one or more of the darn things everytime I ride.

Comment

Originally posted by dlancer
            Exactly!! the reason we stay off the interstate. We take surface streets most with streetlights. It dosen't take any longer and at the slower speeds we have a little more time to react. I ride a lot in the country around Cincinnati. To be honest with you I worry more about deer than I do cars anymore. Lately I see one or more of the darn things everytime I ride.
            Not any Better 4 1/2 Hours away here in West KY! I'm Heading to The JoJo Missouri Rally Wed. but I am Going to Stop at a Cheap Motel rather than Ride Unfamilier Roads at Night. Just seems like the Prudent thing to Do!

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Its hard to beat a good mid night ride on a warm summer night. The darkness seems to enhance the sights and smells.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesel
                Its hard to beat a good mid night ride on a warm summer night. The darkness seems to enhance the sights and smells.
                True. But this area is Home to a LOT of Chicken and Hog Farms! Not Smells that Need Enhancing!8-[

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc
                  True. But this area is Home to a LOT of Chicken and Hog Farms! Not Smells that Need Enhancing!8-[
                  hehehe, thats funny, I can understand what your saying.

Comment

Working...
                  X