Caught in a Gullywasher Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught in a Gullywasher Last Night

Even though I complain about living where I live , one of the benefits is that there is some great roads to ride in my area. I found a freshly paved 15 mile twisty stretch yesterday afternoon and last night we went out 2 up to check it out again. It was a beautiful ride with copious amouts of heat lightning in the distance...and no bugs

I quickly checked the weather radar before we left and guesstimated that we had enough time to get back before the storm hit.... I was only off by a couple of miles..... The bike did great until we turned into a lake that used to be an intersection, it was 2ft deep easy.... Thank God it was only a couple of blocks fom the nice dry garage up the hill.

Did you know that pushing a GS is a great cardio workout? What a hoot. This glass was empty before we left.

Did you know that pushing a GS is a great cardio workout?
    Oh,....I know :-D !!

So you rode into the mini lake and it died on you? The "up the hill" part at the end must have been rough !

Comment

Getting the bike from it's shed in the back yard out to the front of the house (without waking up the family) for those early morning weekend rides gets the heart pumping for sure, but I thought it was in anticipation of the ride...
      Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2006, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L
        Oh,....I know :-D !!

So you rode into the mini lake and it died on you? The "up the hill" part at the end must have been rough !

Yup.... We had a cheering section of all my neighbors out on their front porches watching the storm watching me push .....it wasnt that bad of a hill. You could have driven a jetski thru that intersection..... I was laughing at Lori....she looked like a wet cat....I just looked like a wet Manatee

Comment

Can-O-Manatee! I Like It!:-D
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
          X