I Hate When that Happens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Hate When that Happens...

So after having the bike for a few weeks and putting on close to 1000 miles, I thought it was time to change the oil. I prepped the garage for the arrival of my bike, just before taking a nice 1/2 hour ride, just the get the engine and oil nice and hot. My toolbox out, a nice piece of cardboard to sit on and catch any stray oil, even a beer was waiting for me when I got back. I took a back road near my home, along some train tracks where hardly any LE is ever seen. I pass by a few junk yards, one of my favorite old rusty bridges where the tracks go over. The road is a short cut from all the light stops on the more popular street. I imagine only the adventurous know about this route and I feel compelled to take advantage of the open road.

After getting back from a non eventful ride, the garage door and beer are opened. I'm all prepped and ready to go. I reach for what looks like at least a 19mm socket. Nope. DAMN!!! My next size socket I have is a 22mm. Too big... Just like the Volvo I recently bought, I didn't have the correct size socket to pull the drain plug! I'm guessing it is a 21mm, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll go out tomorrow and pick up the correct socket.

So my zen like approach to changing oil was for naught, this later afternoon. I'll have to take a deep breath, relax and try not to get ****ed when stuff like this happens... ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm Trying Not to Laugh! WITH You, not AT You because Myself and So Many Others Have Been There or at Least in Similiar Circumstances Before! :-D
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
    X