Cop harassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cop harassing

I was 2/3rds into my Sunday ride two weeks ago, about 100 miles all in all. I was able to just cruise along, as there was no traffic. I rode through New Milford, Ct, south on Rte. 7, and on my right, a Police Black and White SUV, is going so fast, he tries to stop and slides through the stop sign right onto Rte. 7, then sees me. I had locked up the brakes, I was doing around 45 mph, and then the "Cop" gets about 3 feet off of my rear wheel, for 5 miles!!! I had the Housatonic River on my left side, and nowhere to pull over on the right side. I kept the bike right at the speed limit. I wanted to find a public spot to pull over to ask this "cop" what was up. I then decided to take a right on Rte. 39, it's a switchback, going up a mountain, and hits the border of "Sharon" Connecticut. The S.O.B. follows me right up the hill, then screeches the tires, in a wild U-turn, and takes off. I dropped it down one gear, and I flew home like a bat out Hell, I was so *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed off. This cop still had milk on his breath, he was so close I could see his face in my rear view mirror!

I haven't ridden for a week, and will be avoiding that area as I have much nicer areas to ride, and I never get bothered by the police. I have not been pulled over by the police in over 40 years, and this guy didn't pull me over, he just had to harass me. I don't get that. I was going to file a complaint, but that town has a reputation for having jerk cops. They have too many, for such a small town. My town has 5 Police Officers, I know them all, they great guys, and don't bother bikers. I was going to go for a ride today, and I just decided not too. It affected me, it shouldn't have, but it did.

Happens all the time around here (NY City). Try not to let it get to you.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I live about 400' feet from the New York border. I ride up Rte. 22, and the police up there never bother you I was doing 70 mph, and one state trooper came up behind me, lights blaring, and just passed me. Riding in N.Y.C. is pretty wild. I used to cut through the city just for the heck of it, but it's gotten a bit crazy, and I'm getting older. Hat's off to you!

Comment

Sounds like a scene from the movie super troopers.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

meow...........
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Man, that sounds like something my wife would get all bent out of shape about, I try to tell her, what's the use, no big deal, forget it. If her, or you, being upset would make the cop lose sleep, blood pressure go up, or make him miss a donut or two, it may be worth it, but it don't, it only effects you, he don't even know... So it just ain't worth a thought.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

There's another issue going on in that town I don't want to get into, but if you aren't wearing a full face helmet, or aren't the proper shade, you get pulled over. My last name would lead one to guess on my nationality, but not my looks. Most people call me "American", which I proudly am. Some think because I speak some German, I am of German descent, no, just admire some of the culture. I also speak Spanish fluently, and I've hand a person tell me they thought I was Hindu! The biggest reason I haven't done much riding is because of the shed I am building for my M.G., ZZR1200, and my GS750ES, and Honda CB400F. It has French Glass door panels for the front and side, and all my friends have disappeared, working alone sucks too. It did bother my that this cop would bother a biker, call in my plate, no reason for that, then ride so close to me. I'm was thinking about getting a Go Pro set up for these kind of reasons, but they are so nerdy looking. I'll be riding again, and very soon, doing a steel roof for the shed, and I like cold weather riding, I have all the gear.

Comment

Get a dual cam pvr
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I just looked at couple of "dual cam pvr's" with a separate screen, and little bullet cameras. That would be the way to go.

Comment

worse than what i was expecting initially before opening this, thats rough for the guy to just be a douchebag for no reason.

the other night i was going 15 in a 40 with no cars around and i got pulled over, which by all means makes sense, but he said i was swerving all over the road and i wasnt, he dropped that accusation right after i denied it and then asked me how much i had to drink and kept asking the same thing, at that point just give me a breathalyzer test. what really bothered me was the fact that he said theres no places open right now (was around 1am) but theres three 24 hour parks that i go to all the time for years now and i said that those parks were open and he reassured me they werent and he was going to kick anyone there out. the parks are 24 hours and well lit for people to go there at those times, plenty of times cops go there to hangout at night to make sure nobodies doing anything but never have i been kicked out because they were "closed", whats the point of lying to me about something that simple?

another time i had a cop ask me if i had smoked any weed at all that night (had a medical card at the time) and i said i didnt which was true, he told me to tilt my head all the way back and close my eyes and while i was doing it i asked him whats the point of this, he said if your eyelids twitch that means your high, well i told him i wasnt, and ofcourse your eyelids will always do that no matter what when you do what he told me to. id say its a good tactic if somebody was under the influence but like cmon man, lol.

obviously these stories are nothing but just figured id share, ive never had a serious problem with cops and most times they're really cool from what ive experienced, but the guy who lied to me just had me thinking man that guys a dick lol.
                    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                    1982 XS650

Comment

actually one time i got pulled over with my friend for speeding, the guy who talked to me was cool but my friend got his angry fat partner, they had us out the car right away and gave a patdown and i said there was weed in the car, it was the end of a bag just a bunch of shake and the partner smelled it and yelled at us that the s#!t was trash, dumped it out in the grass, and said dont come back for it. honestly looking back it was funny that he did that, and also we were going to go pick up a couple oz that night, probably the best weed i ever had was the stuff we picked up after that.
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

I am physically disabled. I have a neck made out of Titanium, and a lower Spine made out of Titanium. I got hurt programming a very large CNC machine, that I collapsed into when the stand broke, and 5 years later was T-Boned in my MG Midget.. I have 5 ruptured inoperable discs in between. I am under pain management, have been for over 20 years, I have an implant attached to my Spine that broadcast a 10K Hz. signal to try and moderate the pain. I am always in pain. I pulled into a handicapped spot, had the sticker under the fairing front shield, and a cop saw me lifting my left over the big, he came up to me at rocket speed. I thought, "Here we go", and he asks me, 'You need any help?". I took my folding cane out, leaned against the bike, took off my helmet, and said "No" but "Thanks, a lot!". He told me he'd look out for my bike to make sure no one tried to share the parking space with me. That wasn't a cop, that was a "Police Officer". I run into him all the time, and just like all the police in my town, they just don't bother bikers. We're the only town in the State of Connecticut that has no ordinances on driving quads on the roads. Kind of nuts, but people use the roads to get from one spot to another, and for the most part are responsible. Lots of forests in my town.

Comment

Working...
                        X