Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My baby's gone. GONE!!!

<Sniffle>

You know, I've been in the habit of buying up older cars and bikes for a while, getting them nice, using them for a bit, then moving on to another project. A shadow, a cb80, Fieros (for some reason), a CBR, a spry little CR-X. I think I got a bit attached to this GS850!
    I bought the thing from a guy last year who was selling all his bikes to focus on his SCCA Porsches. I paid the guy $800 for it, it had nice paint but ran like crap and leaked a bunch, so I limped it over to my shop and took inventory. Over the winter I rebuilt the top end, shined the cases, put a nice 4-1, new clutch, lined the tank, new charging system, and cleaned up the carbs. Ended up being a nice little runner (MUCH faster than if this place didn't exist). I put 5k on it since spring, I could hardly keep myself off the thing.
    Anyway, after ten years of deliberatoin I finally joined the Airforce. I'm leaving on monday, so I decided that it may be prudent to lighten my vehicle load (the count was over 5). Let me tell you, I put the Zuki up on Craigslist at 12pm the other night. By the time I woke up at 7, I had 17 emails! I had NO idea it was going to go like that. Luckily I was able to find a family with an 83 1100, so my baby will have an older sibling to play with.
    So to make a long story worse, my point is that these bikes are great, and so is this site. I wish I could have held on to my 850 a little longer, but I guarantee as soon as I get settled after tech school I'll be all over the classifieds for another GS project and pestering everyone in the tech forum once again. Heres to keeping them alive and running.

BTW, heres a series of photos I took at Skyline Drive this past weekend:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Now that's apretty bike!
    Great job on it.

And congratulations !
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Best of luck in the AF.
      And thanks.

Comment

Now that's a schmick 850.

Comment

QSLIM - what is your AFSC (job) going to be? I have been in the AF for 5 years now and have loved every minute of it. Even basic training isn't that bad. :-D

Comment

Working...
          X