This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy,

Great to hear that you've weathered the storm and are approaching the "other side!" Hope the recovery goes smoothly from here on out. Thanks for touching base, and feel better!

Regards,

Comment

Hey Andy, I'm sure you have wanted to pull your hair out at times. It's absolutely fantastic that you are on the down hill.
      I'm sure for you it seems like a lifetime and with all the operations it surely has.
      May none of the other GS'ers ever experience what you have had to deal with.
      Don't know it I would ever want to ride again but this is something that you will need to work through for sure.
      We'll all be there helping you if need be. God bless you man!!!

Comment

awesome! hope everything stays on a positive track for ya.

Comment

Great News Buddy!!! Looking foward to seeing you next month.

Pat

Comment

Sounds like you're looking at the final phase in your recovery. Glad to hear it. RJ:-D

Comment

Originally posted by ALB80-850 View Post
              My right foot starts out each day 1/2 numb and after 4 hrs on concrete its all numb as well as the side of my knee, which will cause me to stand on my good leg which causes my back to ache. When I get home and off my feet for a while the aches & pains subside. That is pretty much the circle I travel everyday. Walking on grass, snow, dirt or anything that gives a little, is a whole lot easier on me than concrete.
              Andy, I am probably stating the obvious here, but just in case.......

Only wear good fitting rubber soled shoes to work, running or jogging shoes if conditions allow. If you need steel toe, get a pair with rubber soles rather than leather. You might also consider going to a podiatrist and have some soft inserts molded for inside your shoes. Having proper support on your feet affects the angle at which you carry your legs and back. At a minimum put some of those gel pads in hour shoes. Each time you take a step a shock is sent up through the rest of your body; the more the cushion, the milder the shock.

I adopted these practices after getting my titanium hip 13 years ago. Congratulations on your recovery, frustrating as it may be to you at times. I hope I get to ride with you at some future rally.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Greetings all,

I had my last Dr. appointment yesterday. All is well and I've been released to return to work June 1st. 2 years and 2 days after the fact, woo-hoo.

Andy
                1986 GS1150ES "JUNO QUICK”
                1984 GS1100GK
                1982 GS1100E “RANGER”
                1978 GS750E-"JUNO RIOT" on the road in 2013
                1980 GS550GL complete, original, 4900 miles

Comment

Congratulations on your healing, Andy. What I'm suffering from is not a result of an accident, but I can appreciate what you've gone through as I've had similar experiences. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm alive and still walking....and that alone is enough to keep my chin up.

Glad to hear you'll be rejoining us in the working class, soon. It should bring a bit of normalcy back to your life.

Happy riding!

Comment

Andy,
                    What GREAT NEWS!!!!! Hope it all goes your way!!!! It's been a long road for you your persaverence is amazing Great Job.

Pat

Comment

It's been a long road for you Andy (Mr. ALB80-850). I'm happy for you and proud of you.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Great news Andy!! I am going to tip a black and tan in honor of your recovery this weekend, after the catskill ride. \\/\\/

Comment

Andy,

I hope you are doing better. Your story sounds like the same thing a good friend of mine went through on his way to work 6 weeks agp. He feels like he is only one and is going through alot as a teen driver pulled out in front of him and did nothing to get out of the way and the tank went with him as well. The sad part was I was riding with my pastor who got a page to come to the site of the accident as they didn't think my friend would live. I wasn't aware it was him until I saw the tags from what was left of his bike. He wasn't breathing or anything but if it wasn't for his wearing full protective gear he wouldn't be recovering from a broken collar boan and on his right side right now. He of course has a brain injury and double vision now and in time it will go away. Nobody can say how fast he was going and my friend only recalls leaving his house on his bike for work and waking up and seeing the blades of the chopper flying him to the hospital.

Comment

Very cool sir !! \\/My Mom got a clear checkup yesterday after her battle with bone cancer. \\/
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

After reading this from start till now. I am glad to see you are back on the bike. Or at least going to be. And back to work also. I hope that you got some good compensation for the accident. I know how rough it is to try and make it and unable to work because of injuries. I had to sell almost every thing I owned to put food on the table for my family untill I got my disability through the VA. Be safe ! Riding should be better than ever enjoy life!

Comment

anything new with ya, man? haven't heard from ya in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X