Road trip with a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don R View Post
    A friend put me in touch with a gs1100e owner that hadn't had his bike running in years. his health had gotten bad enough he was selling off his toys. We spoke on the phone and the next morning I picked up my big brother, a big coffee and his trailer and off we went to see a GS. I thought at the time guys are making videos of this kind of trip and getting paid. Anyway, it was a 3 hour drive on a 2 lane highway, we took a couple shortcuts going cross country. We arrived, the owner seemed pretty forthright, the bike looked good and the price was low enough I could afford the hit if the engine was toast. After a nice visit and some drag race stories, money and paper exchanged hands. We loaded up and headed for home with our prize. Along the way we stopped for lunch and a photo with the same F84 fighter jet where I got a pic of my old kz1000 when it came home.
    Great find, and story, too.

I feel chastened as I did not recall anything about F-84 planes. I actually thought it might be a mis-type for F-86 Sabre which I did know of as I had an old friend who piloted them.

For anyone else like me, here is the Wiki story of the F84:

Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

My brother was working on WB50's (look that up) when the air force was still playing with those jets. He saw it and knew all about it, was a thunderjet then got swept back wings. The engines and airframe never caught up with the F86 though. The "weather" they were looking for was mostly radio-active weather, tracking nuke tests.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Don R; 05-20-2024, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X