Pics from My 1st Poker Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics from My 1st Poker Run

I had My Digital With Me Today and Took a Few Pics. Even though there was a Tragedy (details in GS discussion Forum Post) I took some Pics. Here are a Few.

My GS850G Drowning in a Sea of V*Twins!

Preacher Chuck and His Hog!

Besides Being LOUD, They are Shiny Too!

More of the 135 Bikes in Attendance!

Everything Was Going Perfect until 5 Miles from the End..............!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

There is nothing as exhilirating as the sound and scent of 100+ bikes taking off together!

A friend of mine told me that she went to a charity run last week and a couple guys on Ninjas showed up... at the starting point, they got some dirty looks from the poseurs, but now they're joining one of the local, really old-skool MCs, which is full of old-skool bikers. they don't care - to them I guess they realize everyone rides for the same reason regardless of their tastes in performance and style. it's such a personal thing, but when it comes donw to it, I think everyone is drawn to it for the same reason: the open road.

Times are changing... not as fast everywhere, but a lot of people are opening their eyes to realize there are a lot more desirable bikes besides Harleys. It was really cool to have the conversation with her, because her husband (passed a few weks ago from cancer) was your traditional biker, long hair, long beard, riding colors in the MC and started at 14 working on Harleys. Later he got onto his Honda kick because they were better for long rides and more stable. One of the guys he was close to in the MC asked his wife if he could have his Honda pin that he always wore on his leather.

You went in to REPRESENT, yo! Bet you'll see 'zukes and other bikes more and more in the future. Keep on keepin' on... dying instantly on a bike is a horrible, tragic way to go, but better than spending a life in fear of living and still dying of cancer or whatever. Life is for the living... live well... that's my goal!

Thanks for sharing the pics, too. I don't get to go to many runs even tho ther eare lots of them around here in the summer because I work weekends.

Comment

Working...
    X