My Fall ride (Lots o' pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Fall ride (Lots o' pics)

OK, so I posted that I was going and noone wanted to join up. So I got a few more pictures and a lot less time then I was Planning on. My son was sick, so I had to wait for the wife to come home from work to head out.

5:00 PM start time got back at 7:00, it was dark

Story and pics.

So, I picked up a magnet for my trip:

And Got the bike out:

Got the gas, Trying to keep the trip under $10, just a quick jaunt around.:

Headed out into the wonderland of central Illinois:
    Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2006, 10:11 AM.

TREES!!! There they are in the distance, I think I'll head for them. (I am going to the Illinois river road)

Now, someting I bet you didn't know, Illinois has vinyards!

I got into Pekin, and Headed over the river to the west side. I know it's a little less crowded on the south, and Pioria is nicer anyway. Fallowed a Harley into Peoria, Darn those things are loud. (also seeing if I could take a picture while riding)

And then I saw THIS!!!!!

Why is it here? It is at a tire change place. To give you an Idea what size it is, those are street lights in the back. Just odd. Here is where I really missed anyone from the forum.

Comment

OK, so now I'm trying to keep going while laughing VERY hard.

Peoria has a "New" revitalized riverfront. some of the wonderful old stuff has been kept around though

So I parked and took a look around the nice little park:

Comment

Then there was this statue thing in the middle of the park. it had a handle for turning on the side, but when I did, it sounded like the tin man from the wizard of oz. but it was very pretty:

But it was time to head out to the river road, what I had been out here for.

Sorry for the fuzzy pic, but this was another odd sight:

And finally I'm there:

Comment

Another fuzzy picture of another park "Poplar Lane Park"

The poplars from said park. But there was no wind, so no POPs

The Illinois river Valley, trees and a sort of hill (for Illinois)

Comment

Lets see, complaining about your gas prices? I'm paying 2.59 a gallon for regular!!!

Comment

Headed home, getting dark, can't see the trees.

And my flash is going off, so no more pictures till I get home:

And my son waiting for me when I get there:

Comment

Originally posted by saddlewarmer View Post
                Lets see, complaining about your gas prices? I'm paying 2.59 a gallon for regular!!!
                Gas prices in general, I'm up in Chicago alot, gas prices are insane there. I know when my sister came down a couple of weeks ago, it was 2.75 still. it's just YUCK all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                  OK, so I posted that I was going and noone wanted to join up. So I got a few more pictures and a lot less time then I was Planning on. My son was sick, so I had to wait for the wife to come home from work to head out.

5:00 PM start time got back at 7:00, it was dark

Story and pics.

So, I picked up a magnet for my trip:

And Got the bike out:

Headed out into the wonderland of central Illinois:
                  Hey Bud, come to Missouri man, gas is only $1.92 a gal. down here in K.C.

Comment

Nice pics of a trip.

Too bad it's so flat huh?
                    Keith
                    -------------------------------------------
                    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Bud, come on down to Logan County, we have two hills!! lol And the gas is only $2.25 (what a bargain!)

Comment

Bud,

Thanks for the story and pics from your ride. I'll have to try this. It is always fun to travel vicariously through the eyes of someone else. Especially when you can't be there in person.

Comment

Great pics! I need to get back in the habit of taking my camera with me everywhere. You never know just what you're going to see! Thanks for sharing those!

Comment

Thanks for sharing Bud.Great pics.Interested to see the fuel price over there.At present we pay $1.30 per litre.There is approx 4.5litres to the gallon.Pretty expensive hey?

Thanks again

Brenno

Comment

brilliant post m8 - piccys share it all so well - kudos

Phark

Comment

Working...
                              X