No announcement yet.

Possibly a new crazy topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, y'all are nuts! I rode through the winter in Seattle in '79. Went about 70 miles one way to work. As well as I can remember, there were about a week of snow/ice days and another coupla' weeks of cold days...That cured me of wanting to do that and I didn't do it voluntarily...only had a bike at the time. And y'all do it on purpose!! Whew!

Comment

This one isnt about the weather, but it happened to my dad on his Vulcan 1500 about a year ago, he was headed to Texas from North Carolina, and somewhere in Arkansas he went under a bridge where he saw a couple of kids leaning over the edge.. Good thing he saw them for he was able to dodge the brick that they dropped as he went under them.. He said it scared the hell out of him.. the thought of hitting a brick at 70 MPH was damn near enough to make him change his pants.
      He pulled around caught the kids and drug them to their dad by their ears.. SCARY!
      I am a newbie to bikes, and I couldnt imagine..
      C-ya
      Tom

Comment

heres a short weather related miss hap.

being a newbie to bikes and all...

i was ridin home from my parents place. there was one cloud in the sky, which OF COURSE rained on me, i was like.. this sucks dammit. but anyways... kept goin.. as soon as i ran outta gas it started to rain harder. thank god for cell phones. i had to call 'mommy' and have her bring me some gas

honestly, i coulndt imagine ridin with out a cell phone. im sure most of you think differently on that one. since accordin to that poll the majority of ya are older than me. (im 24)

granted if you do simple stuff like "KEEP TRACK OF HOW MUCH GAS YOU GOT!!" stuff liek that wont happen. LOL. stupid newbs. :-D (self included)

Comment

It seems that when I go to rallies or group rides here in New Mexico that if someone has trouble there is usually a cell phone in the group but so far they haven't proved to be very useful.

Most of our rides are in the mountains and cell phone reception is sketchy at best. Even if relatively open terrain we found that one of our members on quest had to ride 50 miles to get almost line of sight to Albuquerque to get a call through on Sprint. Verizon seems to have a little better coverage here but it still isn't that good out of sight of developed areas.

However we have had good luck contacting people on CB and having someone make a call for us.

Mike

Comment

The country out there is so beautifull Mike. The heck with cell phones.

Comment

Re: heres a short weather related miss hap.

Originally posted by Scott81GS
              honestly, i coulndt imagine ridin with out a cell phone. im sure most of you think differently on that one. since accordin to that poll the majority of ya are older than me. (im 24)

granted if you do simple stuff like "KEEP TRACK OF HOW MUCH GAS YOU GOT!!" stuff liek that wont happen. LOL. stupid newbs. :-D (self included)
              I'm 42, and I don't have a cell phone. I admit it could come in handy, but I've never needed it the past, so it would be just another expense. I can't imagine not keeping track of my mileage! (You knew I was going to say that!) 8)
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

You guys that drive in SNOW are nuts!!

'Nuff said!

Comment

Working...
                X