Work on Bike Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work on Bike Vacation

Taking next week off to work on the bike (after sleeping in of course). Finally have all the pieces and motor prepped for paint. Hope to make good progress and at least get the motor back together. This will be my office.

It ain't a sandy beach, but it will do.

At least you've got tunes.

Comment

Excatly. Can't miss Rush Limbaugh.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
        Excatly. Can't miss Rush Limbaugh.
        Oh yes I can :?
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

That’s a fine use of vacation. I’m taking next week off to paint two dormers (that appear to be approximately 80 feet in the air), perhaps rebuild my front stairs, adjust my valves, replace brake pads, serious clean the GS (even getting off the custom latex house paint overspray), installing new superbike bars, recovering the seat and adding supercell foam.

Or, perhaps just sit on my porch in my underwear and drink.

Then work a couple more weeks and take an actual vacation to Lake Champlain.
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Well, in a day and a half I managed to get the block and head painted and on the bike. Took way longer than I thought, never have done it before. Both 6mm bolts that hold the very edge of the head to the block turned out to be stripped, so required some heli-coils. It takes me forever to do any mechanical work.......and I'm a hilarious, anal mechanic.

Anyway, found out I need more cam dowel pins, so just ordered some more. But I'm stopped for now.

Which is probably just as well. I'm losing my gumption. Plus the garden needs weeding.

Comment

Working...
            X