A bee in the bonnet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bugged

The worst I had riding was a june bug, in Washington state, riding my old Trumper...hit me in the middle of my forehead and nearly rolled me off. Once in the Navy, I was high on a mast, removing a coaxial connecter from an attenna, hanging out from the mast with one arm and no safety belt, when a bee stung me in the arm pit. That was a rush. I got down...

Comment

Sorry, I lost track of this post for awhile. Kobyj, I meant I believe that eye protection is mandatory for everyone to protect them from bugs, rocks, dust, truck tires, etc...

Comment

WOW! You must wear some really substantial goggles to ward off
        truck tires. LOL

Earl

Originally posted by Don Lobacz
        Sorry, I lost track of this post for awhile. Kobyj, I meant I believe that eye protection is mandatory for everyone to protect them from bugs, rocks, dust, truck tires, etc...
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by dallyr
          Jeeeeezus H. Christ.......Shot off a bike!!!!!!!!! 8O ....Now that certainly takes the cake in my book.
          As you may recall, that's how "Easy Rider" ended. Maybe that was life just trying to imitate art.
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

So it's been about two decades since I really rode on a regular basis.
            And I just don't remember the bugs being -
            a. this plentiful
            b. this large and hard shelled
            c. this juicy once smashed (yuck)
            d. all of the above

Now when I was twenty, hitting a June bug at 70 miles an hour was a life affirming event. Now it just plain hurts like hell.
            So is it just me or has all this monkeying around with DNA, genes and
            nuclear energy spawned these "motorcycle unfriendly" bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by pjackson
              So it's been about two decades since I really rode on a regular basis.
              And I just don't remember the bugs being -
              a. this plentiful
              b. this large and hard shelled
              c. this juicy once smashed (yuck)
              d. all of the above

Now when I was twenty, hitting a June bug at 70 miles an hour was a life affirming event. Now it just plain hurts like hell.
              So is it just me or has all this monkeying around with DNA, genes and
              nuclear energy spawned these "motorcycle unfriendly" bugs.
              Im 60 years old PJ and its not only the bugs that have changed 8O my concrete covered driveway has gotten to be a hazard

Comment

Two bees!

I was pulling up to a light when something flew against my chest just above the neckline of my shirt, but I figured it was a small stone kicked up by a car. As I sat at the light, suddenly I started to get stung like crazy on my back.I pulled over, put the bike on the sidestand, pulled off my shirt, as all the cagers looked at me like I was crazy. I found and killed a yellowjacket, and checked my shirt. Not seeing anything else, I put my shirt back on, got on the bike, and pulled back out to the light. I start to get stung again! So I pull over again, rip my shirt off again, and find the SECOND bee ( which I squashed)! Everyone at the light is really giving me the eye now. I've always figured the bees were getting romantic, and I spoiled their tryst, so they were just getting even.
                1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
                X