Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curt's tragic tale of woe - Please don't tow my bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my Van towed for parking and it was damaged. They had apparently moved it at their lot with a fork lift $300 damage :roll: :roll:
    Sued the B### and won

Comment

Re: Pull it over buddy!!!

Originally posted by Richard Ellis
      Curt:
      There is a not so little thing in this country that most of my countrymen seem to have forgotten & that is 'Probable cause'.
      The police here must have a REASON to pull someone over.......must be that little innocent before proven guilty thing.
      Now I'm not that naive in that if a policeman finds just the smallest thing ,that will usually suffice as a probable cause, so I endeavor to be PERFECT in my riding style......always signal a lane change, no ripping drag style launches, always keeping at the speed limit ,no radical manuevering,(etc).
      When I do violate these "laws" I'm well aware of the risks, tickets, fines,(etc).
      I guess what I'm saying is we DO have it better here than most other places..........& we are fortunate for it!
      Rick........
      It also helps to know the laws... It's not illegal in MN to rev the engine, so drag launches are perfectly legal if you keep the tire down and no spinning wheel (spinning the rear wheel is excessive acceleration) I routinely practice launches getting on the freeway... often with the front wheel coming up (reckless, careless or unneccessary acceleration/exhibition driving) Probable cause is a bitch for cops, they routinely want to pull someone over but can't, no probable cause. Also, MN cops HATE pulling over bikes, and rarely chase. I just got word from my dad (SLPPD) that St Louis Park PD will no longer chase... anything. My mother (SPPD) has only once pulled over a motorcycle, for pulling a wheelie at 80 on the freeway.

Comment

In the state of Virginia officers of the law are NOT allowed to pursue motorcycles.. Their only hope is a copter.. Just a little FYI....

Comment

Working...
        X