my first long ride (2k), and suzi's last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story. Keep it coming.

It reminds me of Saturday mornings as a little kid. For a dime we got to go to the "show" (movies). Got cartoons, the Stoodges, a main film and a "serial" ( Buck Rodgers, Robin Hood or Hopalong Cassidy or the like). The serial always ended at a point when the hero or heroine was in danger and great words of foreboding all over the screen and creepy music blaring, " Will Buck Escape the evil Ming and rescue Princess **** before the asteroid hits?????????" It kept us coming back week after week.

Anticipation.....its a sweet thing.

Can't wait.

Cheers,
    Spyug

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
      Great story. Keep it coming.

It reminds me of Saturday mornings as a little kid. For a dime we got to go to the "show" (movies). Got cartoons, the Stoodges, a main film and a "serial" ( Buck Rodgers, Robin Hood or Hopalong Cassidy or the like). The serial always ended at a point when the hero or heroine was in danger and great words of foreboding all over the screen and creepy music blaring, " Will Buck Escape the evil Ming and rescue Princess **** before the asteroid hits?????????" It kept us coming back week after week.

Anticipation.....its a sweet thing.

Can't wait.

Cheers,
      Spyug
      Agreed... Keep it coming man. You have the attention of alot of people. And I agree with Wes, your authorship is rather good. You a journalist or something?

Comment

This has to be one of the most enjoyable threads I have read on this forum.

I envy you for two reasons.

One is that you are on this fantastic adventure and that you are able to describe it in word so that others can picture it.

Well done mate.Ride careful and look forward to the next instalment.

Bren

Comment

M-Monkey, you write so well! The story is great stuff and the descriptive is excellent. Thanks so much and we wait for mo'!

Comment

Still loving it, keep it coming.

Originally posted by mordantmonkey View Post
            ... monument valley...Goulding's lodge ...
            Wow, what a beautiful place. The views from there are just awesome.

Comment

Great Story PLEASE keep it comming.

Pat

Comment

Great story, please tell us more.

Comment

Looking for day 4 ........
                  I assume something intersting happend on day 4 the way the trip went on the first 3 days, and based on the thread title it seems that something drastic happened.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Great trip thru Missouri.

I started out in Kansas City and rode to Union Mo which is just southwest of St. Louis, with a GS friend and spent the night at his house.We rode Saturday morning to a Conoco and waited on the other bikes.There were 5 of us all together 3 gs's all with vetter fairings and hardcases,1 Yamaha magnum and a brand new boulevard c50t.We then rode to Hermann mo. which has 5 wineries and a town that time had forgotten.We then cruised south on some of the best twisties and highways I have ever been on.The fall scenery was full of beautiful colors as if someone had painted them across the hillsides and the roads were in perfect condition and some so new there were no center lines painted on them yet.We rode into some small towns and met some very nice local people that also helped us plan our trip.we then found ourselves winding and twisting south towards Rolla Mo. where we ran out of road and had to load the bikes up on a ferry to get across the river to the other side of the highway to keep going.We then turned right on hwy.42 and headed towards the Lake of the Ozarks only to be confronted by a Texas longhorn steer standing in the middle of the road.After revving the engines and honking the horns several times the steer decided to jump the ditch and head back into the field where he came from.It was time to start heading north so we got on hwy.113 and headed back to hwy 63 where I split from the group and headed towards Jefferson City and rode right by the capitol building and on to Columbia mo where I got on hwy.70,rolled the throttle up to 80 with a brisk side wind that had me hanging on for dear life and headed home.It was the best ride i have ever been on so far.The 650 proved to be an outstanding vintage bike that will do anything newer bikes can do.after all was said and done I logged over 600 miles on the bike that day and would feel confident in hopping on it and doing it all again.Kudos to this sight for the knowledge they have given me to keep my 25 year old bike going with the confidence that I can jump on and go anywhere without worry!!!!!! God bless the GS!!!!!
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-28-2007, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Wow.....great narrative, excellent descriptive writing skills and a totally intriguing storyline to boot! Keep it coming...you have my attention!

Comment

mordantmonkey
                        Has not been on since 10-25-07 He must be wrighting one heck of a Day 4 off line. Hurry back you write a great Bio.

Pat

Comment

why am i just now realizing i'm not the only gs rider in kc?

Comment

Originally posted by so_rat View Post
                            why am i just now realizing i'm not the only gs rider in kc?
                            You are definably not!!! If you go to yahoo.com and click on groups then type in kc-gs you will find out that there is 11 of us!We get together in the evenings and talk and eat dinner like at Governor stumps in the Waldo area.Im trying to get together tuesday or wednesday this coming week so keep an eye on the post and join us. Go ahead and join the forum also.we have some rides planned on the weekends sometimes like the Auburn ride we did to meet the others gs'rs from Nebraska,Iowa and Kansas.On that outing we had 13 gs's all in one place! It was a sight to see for sure.Hope ya join us so we can ride!
                            Last edited by Guest; 10-28-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

mordantmonkey,where are you????

we are worried about the outcome of this journey.Let us know if you are alright!

Comment

wow. excellent story. I'm sure anxious to hear the last installment.

Comment

Working...
                                X