No announcement yet.

my first long ride (2k), and suzi's last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, somebody creative just come up with an ending. Make it good. We'll pretend it's real.

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
      Ok, somebody creative just come up with an ending. Make it good. We'll pretend it's real.
      Ok, my turn then:

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
      The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
      If anything I can say this cab is rare
      But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

Comment

Originally posted by phaserburn View Post
        Ok, my turn then:

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
        The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
        If anything I can say this cab is rare
        But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'
        you sir are a bad bad man.

Comment

Originally posted by SDK View Post
          day 4

... I slept the kind of dead sleep that only an adrenaline crash can bring.

End of day 4
          1 1/2 more to go...
          I awoke on day 5 to the relentless heat of the Arizona desert, packed up the bike and headed out in search of cooler horizons. As I reached the interstate, the prospect of the opportunity to create a cooling wind through sheer speed was too much to resist. With the throttle wide open under the azure blue of the sun scorched skies I raced through the arid heat in a futile attempt to escape the heat that threatened to wither my very soul. The faster I went, the more intense the heat grew....faster and faster...hotter and hotter...what maddness was this? I pushed on in desperation, the bike screaming in protest as I pushed it to it's very limits, achieving speeds I had only read about. With tires smoking, oil burning and hand grips melting under my gloved palms I was sure that I was literally flying, if only inches, above the tarmac of the freeway. Suddenly I achieved a sensation of cooling proportions the like of which I had never known. Finally, I had defeated the heat of a thousand hells! Wait...no, it can't be!?!?!?!? Was it...yes, a flame...only visible in my peripeheral vision, emanating from my right knee!!!! And now another on the back of my left hand, whipped by the rush of air as I sped down the highway. The cool sensation wasn't cool at all....I was on fire! I'd heard of spontaneous human combustion but I had never really believed in the concept...until now. I reach for the brakes to slow the burn and.... *POOOOF*.....!!!!

Editors note: Sadly, our hero combusted spontaneouly on day 5 of the journey. May this be a lesson to the rest of us - ALWAYS stay well hydrated during hot weather riding and NEVER exceed 85 mph in the Arizona desert at high noon in the warmer months. Our condolensces to the rider family and the GS (which did, of course, survive the incident).
          Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2008, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Finally some closure. Very strange closure, but closure nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by SDK View Post
              **** Sedona, let's ride!
              Having been to Sedona, I must concur. Nasty little tourist trap in the middle of fabulous scenery. Unless you like shopping for tourist cruft.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Boom....

We could have just said the world explodes and everyone dies.... minus those who remember to .... 'duck' \\/ ... the lightning bolts will take care of those folks... now where is my lightning rod?:-D

Comment

man i gotta say that was the best closure i've ever read for a story lol! and of course the GS survived... it wasn't an HD after all...

Comment

Mordantmonkey - where are you?? I'd really like to know the actual end to your story!

Comment

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod View Post
                      The cool sensation wasn't cool at all....I was on fire!
                      I think this is very cool.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

i actaully was smiling at the fact that i would get to read the end of this story and laughing at everyone having to wait, and alas, here i am, WAITING................not so funny anymore...

Comment

It would be nice if this were stickied so when he does someday come back (hopefully) he will update the story.

It will also frustrate new GSers who read the unfinished story.

Comment

NEED CLOSURE OF THIS STORY!

Comment

So this has been awaiting an ending for 2 years, almost to the day?

Comment

hooray for grave-digging!

and try 3 bro

Comment

Working...
                                X