Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike repair gone bad....

check this out on e-bay:

What happens when you drink too much when restoring a classic!
    Need parts anyone?

Or...What happens when you work in a coal mine and ride to work each day.

Comment

You would both be poor detectives.

It's plain to see from the front pics that we clearly have a suspect in that hit-and-run of the krylon and rust-oleom salesmen as they were crossing the streets with their samples.

Comment

No matter. Somebody liked it enough to place a winning bid...

Comment

My bad. I failed to recognize the judicious application of radar-reflective paint a la B2 bomber.....no doubt applied for stealth missions deep behind enemy lines. And to think we missed out in our blatant ignorance!.......

Comment

For $435 somone got a decent deal, or a very good parts bike.

At least the painted stuff isn't rusted.....unless it's rust under it

Was this a dressed model ? As the instruement pod looks different
            Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

That is...er,um,... was an L. But has short/low bars installed, before being assulted with rattle can paint.

1982 Suzuki : GS GS1100G1982 Suzuki GS 1100 GS1100 Shaft Low Miles Runs No Res!Year: 1982

Warranty: No

Miles: 20712

Engine Size (cc): 1100

Condition: Used

Title: Other
              Last edited by Redman; 11-12-2007, 08:58 PM. Reason: Add pictures

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yah, something differetn there with the guages.
                The center console seems to match my memeory of my 82 650G. But the tack looks suspecious. And must be that had to invent some means to mount it all, and thats what that plate is behind/under them all.
                Heck, tach and speedo are on wrong side, may not even be Suzuki.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looks like something my sister-in-law's meth addicted piece of crap son would do.

Looks like a handlebar off of a dirt bike.

Comment

...the first thing I would do if I bought it would be to use gray duct tape and patch up the seat and then use matching black primer from a can I buy at Wal-Mart and spray the crap out of it.....maybe get the headlight, lense and all while I'm at it. Great for tactical night missions around the neighborhood....

Comment

man, what snobs.

It's a bike. Even better, it's a suzuki.
                      Better yet, it's a freakin gs. And somebody has just bought it and is gonna have a great time tidying it up, or tinkering with it, or just riding it till it blows up.

I am a bit surprised at the 'looking down your nose' attitude, would it be better if there was yet another gs scrapped completely?

Comment

Originally posted by Headphase View Post
                        man, what snobs.

It's a bike. Even better, it's a suzuki.
                        Better yet, it's a freakin gs. And somebody has just bought it and is gonna have a great time tidying it up, or tinkering with it, or just riding it till it blows up.

I am a bit surprised at the 'looking down your nose' attitude, would it be better if there was yet another gs scrapped completely?
                        Ditto, I am often suprised by the holier than thou snobbery that goes on here. That GS has tons of potential. Hell its a ridable GS for under $500 in some parts of the country thats a rarity. Stop worrying about what the next guys riding and just enjoy the ride.

Comment

Snobs, are we?
                          Where is your sense of humor?...ok, maybe sometimes at the expense of someone else's feelings!
                          If you were to buy it, admit it, that you'd probably part it out or hide it in the garage and spend a lot of hours over the winter putting it back into "shape".
                          You can do anything you want with your bike, but that doesn't mean others won't have opinions(and maybe a little humor) on the results if you put it out for all to see.
                          Maybe you can track the buyer down and let us know what he/she turns it into...I'm sure we're all curious on what happens with this classic.
                          If you don't want people's take on things then stick with the GSR Tech forum section and learn a lot of useful things.
                          Lighten up...life's too short and enjoy the ride! even if it's ugly...and remember Shallow Hal's words..."beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or some stupid words like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Headphase View Post

man, what snobs.
                            Snobs, or jokers?
                            You have to admit it's ugly.
                            There are a lot more smartasses here than snobs.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I sure hope the guy you sold it to knows his carbs .Cause it looks to me that his engine is running way too rich.

Comment

Working...
                              X