Chilly Feb Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chilly Feb Ride

Was itchin to ride on Sunday (Feb 3). We had quite a bit of snow (12+ inches) Thurs and Fri, but the streets looked clear and sun was out. Temp was around 30*F, but my new/used Widder Lectric Gloves from ebay just showed up and I couldn't wait to try them out.

I was out for about 2.5 hours. The gloves worked very well. I mostly stayed in the 'burbs (Bartlett, Hanover Park, Schaumburg), so no twisties but still had fun just getting out.

Wish I could have taken some pictures of the looks on the faces of the people in their cars who could not believe anyone would ride when it is this cold. One girl crossing the street looked at me and screamed. I don't think she was expecting to see a bike...at least I think that's why she screamed.

Based on the weather since Sunday, and the forecast moving forward, it may be a long time before I get to ride again. Glad I took the opportunity when it was available.

Anyway...a few shots for your amusement.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Have a great day,
    G
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Originally posted by gbw View Post
    One girl crossing the street looked at me and screamed. I don't think she was expecting to see a bike...at least I think that's why she screamed.

Hahahaha!
    It's much funnier in my head than I'm sure it was in real life.l
    Are you sure you weren't being followed by a werewolf?

Comment

Good to hear there are other "disturbed" bikers out in the snow and cold. I get looks when I'm out too. Just be careful of those ice patches. Lot of hills and curves where I live, so I try to avoid "sledding" down on those unexpected ice patches:-D!
      Maybe I'll build a hybrid from my VMax snowmobile and GS1100G!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        Maybe I'll build a hybrid from my VMax snowmobile and GS1100G!
        Now THAT would be something to see!

Yeah, I'm really enjoying this bike when I get a chance to ride it. I don't even mind the cold, but there has just been so much dang snow and ice lately. Cant wait till spring

I see you are from NH. I had a buddy who went to school up NH. Hit a moose with his old BMW motorcycle. Messed the bike up pretty bad and ****ed off the moose. If I recall correctly, he had to climb a tree and wait for the moose to get bored and leave before he could pick his bike up off the road.

Have a great weekend,
        G
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
          One girl crossing the street looked at me and screamed. I don't think she was expecting to see a bike...at least I think that's why she screamed.
          Last week a huge snowstorm started a few hours earlier than predicted and I was caught at work with the bike. I decided to go home around 2 and fetch the cage. I skidded past a shelter on a major road here and two homeless people started shouting at me that *I* was the one who was crazy. Made my week.

Comment

crazy

Originally posted by p_s View Post
            two homeless people started shouting at me that *I* was the one who was crazy. Made my week.
            They will tell the story of "the crazy motorcycle guy in the snow" around the shelter for years to come. Of course no one will believe them But we know the truth :-D

Comment

I live accross the big pond from Chicago, but we have so much salt on the roads, I hate to take mine out. I have thought about it but just hate the thought of the damage salt can cause.

Greg O

Comment

Working...
              X