Angry Motorist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry Motorist

It dark. Getting late. I'm on my way home from the gym. My exit is coming up. So I signal and make my way to the right lane, behind a little Corolla or something. As I begin to slow down, the car's brake lights come on. So I slow down even more.

I gotta admit I closed the gap, but IMHO I was never less than 2 car lengths, and slowing fast. But I could tell this guy was not happy with me behind him. We're into the exit and he begins to brake ...alot. Can anyone relate? #-o

Well I need this exit. So as he slows, I slows. Next thing I know I can see his arm waving out the window. I'm not sure if he's telling me to go around, or if he's letting me know he's my number 1 fan. But I'm not going around...we're coming up on a red light.

Then he stops. About 50 feet short of the light. I'm thinking, "here it comes." So I pull up next to him knowing what he will say, just not prepared for how he will say it.

I paraphrase...but not much. "I got my F**Kin' kid in the car...you F**Kin' A**Hole...what the F**K is your problem...you're riding my F**Kin' ass...you're gonna F**Kin' kill somebody...you F**Kin' A**Hole...etc F**Kin' etc..." :shock:

It was so bizarre, I laughed. My reply? "You got your kid in the car? I bet you're proud of all the new words he just learned."

It's that Sylvania SilverStar you put in. Good, huh?:-D
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I've got one of them too hehe
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post

It was so bizarre, I laughed. My reply? "You got your kid in the car? I bet you're proud of all the new words he just learned."
        Think I might have reached in and took his keys, left him in the middle of the road like a moron.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Steel toe boots will do the job very nicely.

Just have that puppy in first and be ready to go. hehehe

Comment

Wow. Sounds like he was having a bad day and, more unfortunately, is doing a ****-poor job of parenting and will therefore likely raise another one of his kind. If he truly displayed such behavior in front of his kid, rest assured that kid internalized every bit of the episode for future personality integration. If that's how folks are parenting their kids, it looks like the roads will be that much worse 10 years from now. Sad.

Comment

How could he have considered you a danger to him and his son? When motorcycles go up against cars, cars always win.

Comment

Yeah, I had one preach to me about how to drive a motorbike once. Nothing like watching some guy feel like an old hand schooling a rider. It's amazing how brave someone can be in their cage, they will say and do things from behind the wheel that they would never say face to face.

I assume you didn't beat his a$$, your much too smart for that. Best to let him turn one way and go the other, even if it's not your route. He gets to feel superior and you emerge unscathed.
                1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba67 View Post
                  When motorcycles go up against cars, cars always win.
                  Not always, depends on the angles. The one car that I allowed to hit me got all messed up, Fender and door ruined, mirror and windshield broken and the roof rack ripped away in front. This a big old full size Chrysler station wagon. I got zero damage and my bike got a cracked turn signal and a tank dent the size of a quarter, and slightly tweaked handlebars.
                  So not always do the cars win. But almost always.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

...what a jerk

Comment

I try to keep in mind the important thing is to get away unscathed. Good job staying alive and healthy,you never know how things can escalate.

Comment

Working...
                      X