Reverse discrimination.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse discrimination.

It used to be that the Hardley dudes were normally the only ones who wouldn't deign to wave at a passing UJM rider......but that has changed. Now its the Scooter Pukes and even, dare I say it, the Moped Jocks.

I'm toodling along on the GS at lunch on a bank run and I pass a scoot....friendly wave from me (I'm not too proud to wave at anything riding 2 wheels...or 4 hooves) but the beady eyed glare from her ( Maybe she thought I was trying to hit on her but I'm old enough to be her grandad). A couple of minutes later I pass an old fart like myself riding a moped. I try again and he actually looks the other way:shock: Yikes Am I that scary??? I'm ATGATT after all.

After exiting the bank I'm riding back home and pass two more kids on scoots. I try again and well you know....no wave from them.

I'm trying to spread the cameraderie of 2 wheel riding but I guess these folks don't want any part of it or maybe they just don't know bike etiquette

I'll keep trying.

Cheers all,
    Spyug.

Sounds like you need to move down here. Waves pretty much happen between ALL 2-wheeled conveyances, including bicycles. \\/

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

come by michigan, i'll wave

Comment

I ahve found this as well. strangely every Hd i have passed has given a nod or a wave, one gave a salute. However, only the occational scooter waves, and I have never gotten anything from a moped. may be its a hamilton thing?

Comment

They may be new riders, and not in the know....or perhaps do not consider themselves 'bikers', lol. Or, as Spy said, lacking proper riding etiquette.
          Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
          Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Baahh.Not to worry.If they take thier hand off,they will wreck.It's a scooter after all...
            It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. - Thomas Huxley

Comment

Million Dollar, Hollywood Holt, Peddy Cash, and Murder Club (we killing these streets) will wave atcha...

Video for "Throw a Kit" Performed by Hollywood Holt featuring Million Dollar Mano. The video was shot, directed, and edited by Thunder Horse (Taran Allen, A...

Watchout for da poleece all thru the Chi' if they see you ridin' peds they gonna pull u to da side.
              so we always ride in packs stay together for sure
              If the headlight goes out just jiggle the cord.
              Mopeds are always broke, but they're easy to fix...

Gotta luvit.

Comment

From what I've seen the scooter/moped riders don't know big bike things like waves n stuff.

Comment

not to hijack ur thread...

But I often wonder when I see people on these vespa like scooters....how many of them have taken MSF class and how many of the just get on as if its a bicycle? Yeah its smaller than a motorcycle but the physics and the mechanics of good riding are the same....It would be good if the DOTs would track scooter wrecks and fatalities separately from motorcycles.

Comment

Originally posted by jbs80106 View Post
                    But I often wonder when I see people on these vespa like scooters....how many of them have taken MSF class and how many of the just get on as if its a bicycle? Yeah its smaller than a motorcycle but the physics and the mechanics of good riding are the same....It would be good if the DOTs would track scooter wrecks and fatalities separately from motorcycles.
                    I'm not completely sure, but I think the same endorsement is required in Ohio. One of the ladies in the MSF class I took mentioned that she planned to ride a scooter because she didn't like dealing with gears (though she was capable).
                    Dogma
                    --
                    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                    '80 GS850 GLT
                    '80 GS1000 GT
                    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
                      Million Dollar, Hollywood Holt, Peddy Cash, and Murder Club (we killing these streets) will wave atcha...

Video for "Throw a Kit" Performed by Hollywood Holt featuring Million Dollar Mano. The video was shot, directed, and edited by Thunder Horse (Taran Allen, A...

Watchout for da poleece all thru the Chi' if they see you ridin' peds they gonna pull u to da side.
                      so we always ride in packs stay together for sure
                      If the headlight goes out just jiggle the cord.
                      Mopeds are always broke, but they're easy to fix...

Gotta luvit.

All I can say is, WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                        It used to be that the Hardley dudes were normally the only ones who wouldn't deign to wave at a passing UJM rider......but that has changed. Now its the Scooter Pukes and even, dare I say it, the Moped Jocks.

I'm toodling along on the GS at lunch on a bank run and I pass a scoot....friendly wave from me (I'm not too proud to wave at anything riding 2 wheels...or 4 hooves) but the beady eyed glare from her ( Maybe she thought I was trying to hit on her but I'm old enough to be her grandad). A couple of minutes later I pass an old fart like myself riding a moped. I try again and he actually looks the other way:shock: Yikes Am I that scary??? I'm ATGATT after all.

After exiting the bank I'm riding back home and pass two more kids on scoots. I try again and well you know....no wave from them.

I'm trying to spread the cameraderie of 2 wheel riding but I guess these folks don't want any part of it or maybe they just don't know bike etiquette

I'll keep trying.

Cheers all,
                        Spyug.
                        Fricken MODS dude! Mods are thyne enemy! Of course they arent going to wave at you, those socialite, tea sipping, biscuit biters!

Rockers for ever!
                        Ton up me harties...Yo ho!!

hehehehe:-D

Comment

I've gotten some strange looks doing the wave out the side of my F150. I waved to a guy weds afternoon and came up on him after he turned around about a block up. We were at a stoplight. I looked at him and said "I'd rather be on my bike, thats why I waved before." He looked over at me with a look of recognition (I am kinda unique) and took off without a word!

Comment

I'll wave. :-D

Comment

from My wife's point of view (and she rides a scooter) it is the motorcycle riders who will not deem to wave at a little scooter. Then she blows them away in downtown traffic because the little 200 lb machine is no longer stock.:-D
                              Of course she hates the scooter riders who start waving madly from a block ahead at the sight of another scooter.
                              Either way it is a fellowship (thing) which appears to be fading away. I for one hope it doesnt.
                              C
                              1983 750 Katana
                              1982 750 Katana (parts use)
                              1983 RZ350

Comment

Working...
                              X