I'm soooo evil........ :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earlfor,
    this is a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cory

Comment

Great story! I especially love the part where you get home safe. I saw a similar situation on I-80 in Omaha. Far left passing lane (5 lanes each direction) a bike going about 80 MPH with a car less than a car length behind. I was in a commercial truck and was unable to even get a license number. Nowhere to go. I found it upsetting. I only hope if I'm ever in a similar situation I can find an out.:shock:

Comment

How to survive on a motorcycle is a subject I have thought about a lot. In a nutshell, being able to predict will save you most often because you will not be where something bad will happen or at least you will not be surprised when it does and you will have an out. Paying attention to a wide scope of events and acting to subject yourself to the lowest risk is everything.

Earl

Originally posted by Kcwiro View Post

Well put it that way Earl... dam my head hurts... lol that was well put... I consider myself served =)

I only been riding going on 3rd season.. would like to think my reflex's are good but I know I have much room for improvement... fortunately that skill only increases as you ride longer... me being the noobie that I am just prety much at the point of ignoring my gauges minus the oil press light and focusing entirely on whats around me though quick reactions and manuvering the bike has been slower to develope.. I still get edgy in the rain on a overpass hitting those expansion joints... I know cars behind me hate it but after I'm done turning I speed right backup. Unfortunately I don't think they understand my choice of speed since likely they have never riden a motorcycle before.

...I just need more practice and I'm sure I will get more instinct as I go..ofcourse ensuring Darwin is having a off day... =)
        Last edited by earlfor; 04-29-2008, 12:29 AM.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

The sad part is that after so many years of being around my wife, I have come to understand how important having an appropriate card for every occasion is and I am sorry I didnt have a nice Hallmark momento to present to the guy when he received his "gift" from officer happy face. LOL

Awwww, just one of many stories from the life and times of the prune juice and Geritol grey panther. LOL

Earl

Originally posted by KRISTI'SGS550 View Post
          earlfor,
          this is a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cory

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Great story, and asfar as reflexes you gain them over time. I been riding for years, dirt and street. Studying traffic is very important, I find myself looking for small details, like someone looking over there shoulder five times. and how old a kid is, in that import car. even baby on-board stickers. just the little things can give you the half a second more to react. God just thinking about it, I cant even count how many times some dumb driver has allmost killed me... seconds count!

Comment

Earl I aplaud your way with words. Maybe that is why I find more and more OLD riders riding modern sport bikes. Mine just happens to be this one.

There is no substitute for experiance.
              V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I find I'm somewhere in the middle on the sport bike scene. I enjoyed my CBR929 and it had more power, less weight and better handling than the Bandit, but the Bandit far surpassed it in comfort even though I made comfort modifications to the CBR. The "deal breaker" that made me sell the CBR though was the engine characteristics due to it being fuel injected. I found I do not at all like those characteristics, so its the new/old school Bandit that I'm keeping. I like Triumph, but in my area, dealer support is pretty close to zero and it would be a 130 mile trip to get anything for the bike.

Earl

[quote=gustovh;814063]
                Earl I aplaud your way with words. Maybe that is why I find more and more OLD riders riding modern sport bikes.

Comment

Working...
                X