I found it, turns out like riding a bike,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found it, turns out like riding a bike,

Today I had the chance to travel a road I had never traveled before. A road I had crossed more times then I care to admit in my growing number of years. I never took time or had reason to travel this road for most of its length until today. It is a beautiful generally north south road starting south of Green Bay and running south to Wis. HWY 23. Not only was the road something of a pleasent adventure but I had to time my travels to avoid the popcorn thunderstorms that took place this afternoon. I wasn't 40 miles from home so a wet butt wouldn't have been that bad, but I managed to avoid the rain drops.
    You know that road certainly isn't the most beautiful in the world and the day, like many others I have encountered. That wasn't the point for me, the point was that me and my old Junque yard 1150 traveled as one for probably the first time since I resurrected her last year. Oh we have plenty of miles in that time but today was the first of its kind. The first because I seemed to forget the chase and pressure of work, it never occured to me how I might have more fun sharing such a ride with my son or daughter or wife. The bike didn't miss a beat, my butt was comfortable in the seat and I don't know that I recall running the controls as they were almost working on their own. The bike has enough power to satisfy my remaining youth without hurting my ear drums (too many LOUD exhaust pipes in my past). A true God send of an afternoon by my simple standards.
    It's a good thing this happened because now I really remember why I love to ride. Now I know that road for when I do share it with my son or daughter or wife.
    I am going to guess there are a few out there who know exactly what I am talking about and few who think I am way too........well I don't know too sentimental. And probably too many that will never realize/appreciate such a good thing even when they are experiancing it.

Fastrip
    Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2008, 08:58 PM.

Great story, Fastrip. You make me wish I was there.

Comment

I understand exactly. I dont normally ride with a destination in mind. Its the journey that matters.

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Well put - Thanks for taking the time to express the experiance.
        Hondas
        '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
        Suzuki
        '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
        Kaw
        '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X