Southern Illinois/Eastern Missouri BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern Illinois/Eastern Missouri BBQ

One of our GSR members started the subject Social Group back in early May. Since then, we've grown from two to seven members. We've used this Social Group to stay in touch quite a bit (as is evident by the number of posts).

I think it was shortly after my accident that some of the other guys were talking about coming to see me since my bike wasn't in one piece...and to see how I was healing up. As a result of their discussion, I told them if they show up, I'll fix them a nice BBQ. Most all wanted to attend, but rputney (Bob) had a bit of a mishap with shipping and wasn't able to get his bike put together for the trip. Zook was retained at work for longer than desired, then his truck decided to crap out on him...making him unable to make the trip. Sorry guys....you were sorely missed. We'll get bryan involved again at some point. Just need to figure out where he went. LOL!

But for those of us that could attend, it was a great day! The guys started showing up about 11:00am. As soon as they got there, I started the grill. Scott8113 was coming from the shortest distance being only 15 minutes away and basic came from the furthest at 125 miles one way. The others are within or right at an hour distance.

Lunch was good. When it was over, we headed out to wrench on a couple bikes. basic needed his carbs tuned and I needed to get my gauges wired up (tach, mirrors and bar ends came in from the post office right as the guys were arriving....couldn't have been better timing). Spindle was very smooth in tuning the carbs. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this process as I'd never seen it before. basic, for not riding any longer than you have, you certainly know your stuff. It's evident that you've been reading and studying a lot.

Both tasks were accomplished and as a result, all were able to go on a short ride before we had to break up for the evening. We visited the Alton lock and dam in the process and witnessed the height of the Mississippi River. Had it not been for the pain, I could have ridden longer....but alas, that's about how it's been for me over the last two years.

I'm looking forward to the next get-together, guys! Thanks for a wonderful day.

Here's a pic we took at the start of the ride. L to R: basic, Spindle, Craiger, and Scottp8113
    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2008, 02:07 PM.

I think You forgot to attach the pic......................................
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
      I think You forgot to attach the pic......................................
      Thanks Marvin. I think the fact that it was located within our "social group" that something was embedded in the picture keeping you from being able to see it. For some reason, you have to be a member of the group to see pics uploaded within the group. I'll have to remember that.

Comment

A Fine looking group You are too!:-)
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
          A Fine looking group You are too!:-)
          Thank you, sir.

Comment

Nice story. Good to see you guys get together.

Hey, I see 'Spindle' there.
            I was looking at pictures to see if I could see that nice Windjammer IV on a bike.

And I didn't know about "social groups". Thanks for pointing that out.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You bet, Redman. Our group has recently grown even more. I'm looking forward to another get-together after my surgery next week.

Spindle's a great guy. I think he had the Windjammer off for paint or something. Can't remember.

Comment

Working...
              X