No announcement yet.

The GS Makes Friends - Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's probably louder than I want, but then I do have some obnoxious neighbors . . .

Right now I'm trying just to get the bike up and going. Very very close and I will be riding it before the end of July for sure. Making do with my '83 nighthawk til then:-)

Comment

Nice update, Laura - we miss you here in Chi-town!!

Regards,

Comment

Damn that is a nice t.

Comment

Sorry to get off-topic, but can you please tell me if your oil cooler is stock or not (probably not)? I'm curious as to where you routed the oil flow from, since I can see the hoses running underneath the carb rack.

I'd also like to know which turn signals you are using. I like how they look compared to giant blinker light stalks that come stock. I sure wish my 650 was as clean as yours!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMango View Post
            Joe:

of course not . . .but . . .

they did all show up on time . . .

and no one made fun of first timer's effeminate breakfast food choices . . .

:-)
            Hmm this sounds familiar... Didn't something like that happen out this way too

550 is looking great - I'm still waiting for a picture with Ryan as co-pilot...
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Wow, great pics. That 550 looks sweet. I really like that ltd 1000 too but there's definately something weird going on with that left sidecover and maybe the airbox too? Weird. Exhaust looks different too. He needs a nice 4-1 like your 550 has.

Comment

vintage bike night

i wish i could say the same thing for so cal. i love vintage bike nights and rides. never found one that meets all the time for BS and day rides.

Comment

Originally posted by buddha View Post
                  Sorry to get off-topic, but can you please tell me if your oil cooler is stock or not (probably not)? I'm curious as to where you routed the oil flow from, since I can see the hoses running underneath the carb rack.

I'd also like to know which turn signals you are using. I like how they look compared to giant blinker light stalks that come stock. I sure wish my 650 was as clean as yours!

Thanks!
                  I can help you out there, since I put that 550 together. It's a aftermarket JC whitney oil cooler, the oil feed is taken from where the oil pressure switch houseing lives. I replaced the oil pressure housing with one from lockhart philips that has take off lines for an oil cooler. Unfortunetly they no longer make them and you need to keep a eye out for them on ebay and here. I also had to cut off the clutch cable stand off blank (not really sure why it is even there, not used by design) in order to get the lines to fit right.

If you are running a 650 i think the 650 has a differant setup and if you swap out a kat 650 oilpan, that comes with oil take off points, do a search it has been discussed before.

The turn signals are just some cheapies that most bike shops carry or can order. it's some sort of mini signal.

Dan, in your dreams will i be pillon unlike some midwest riders i know (hmmm joe and wazz?)
                  78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x
                  10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
                    Dan, in your dreams will i be pillon unlike some midwest riders i know (hmmm joe and wazz?)
                    Hmmm............I seem to remember a certain ride from Pilsen to Lombard a couple years back with SOMEONE riding B!TCH, er, PILLION, on the back of a certain blue '83 GS1100E......

Joe
                    IBA# 24077
                    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

No pictures, it never happened
                      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                      82 Kat 1000 Project
                      05 CRF450x
                      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I used to live in Tucson and have driven the Mt. Lemmon highway many times; never on a bike however. There are several spots on that road where a spell of inattention will result in a significant drop. I used to ride with co-workers and one of our typical trips would be;Tucson to Sonoita, on to Sierra Vista for brunch, then to Tombstone, on to Bisbee, then to Douglas and finally to Willcox before heading back to Tucson for dinner. Don't remember the exact mileage but it was a nice ride. I made that same ride by car last October while there for a visit; hopefully I can do it again on a bike soon. Currently live out-of-state, but may be heading back there one of these days.

JR

Comment

In the 1st picture the gs550 on the far right what k&n air filters did he use?

Comment

Working...
                          X