short story about my throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short story about my throttle

yesterday, i thought i was going to have bike problems.. when it was time to switch to reserve, the bike wouldn't go over 60mph in 5th, 65 or so in 4th.. I was really concerned because that seemed wrong. Wanting to be sure that was the problem, i filled up on gas, and low and behold, everything was fine. on the rest of the ride, i was pondering this in the back of my head. I thought on poor venting slowing the fuel down, bad bends in the fuel line causing low pressure when the gas was low, quite a few theories. About 3/4ths of the way home, i needed to merge onto 496 from 127, well, there was alot of traffic, and i found myself needing some throttle NOW. so i reached foreward and grabbed a handful of throttle, to dump much needed go juice into the engine... and.. nothing. I'm starting to worry considerably now, as traffic is moving pretty good and i'm in the middle lane.. no really good out either way if my bike decides to die. In desperation, i drop the throttle and grab it again, twisting HARD. ZOOM! off i go, into the right lane and down the onramp with no problems. what a relief. i pull over as soon as feasable, and look at my throttle.. a little bit of the plastic broke off at some point and got wedged in the end of the throttle and was preventing the throttle from moving past about a half turn.. then it worked it's way up. it must have been like this since shortly after i installed the throttle. long story short, i now have about a hand and a half of throttle and that g gets up so fast it's a little frightening!
Working...
X