bad drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad drivers

I have been riding a lot so far this year around northern NY. I have noticed that your everyday car driver seems to be getting more and more careless. I have been ran off the road twice in the last week and a half. I was able to keep my bike under control both times, but these sorts of things are not necessary. Both times I was able to see the culprits and their hideous driving skills in time to be able to aim for a nice squish place to crash it if came to it, but I wonder how long our luck holds out. i know im preaching to the choir here, but has anyone else noticed an increase in terrible drivers???
    nathan

Well, since the proliferation of cell phones I've noticed a big decrease in attention rates.

Previously, I noted a decrease in highway courtesy when cruise control became prevalent. Folks would just sit in the fast lane at a preset speed and hold up traffic. Saw a Gold Wing do it the other day.

I imagine our forefathers complained when radios were introduced to cars due to their distracting nature.

My point? None really. I just assume all cars are piloted by drunken, psychopathic dervishes. Haven't been proven wrong yet.

John

Comment

I have a Pontiac change lanes into me today, ran me off onto the shoulder.
      flipped him off and then put some space between him and me.
      not 3 minutes later he was cutting across lanes (no signals) and cutting off people coming off the ON RAMP.
      I hope he dropped his black berry into his coffee

Comment

Originally posted by BentRod View Post
        I hope he dropped his black berry into his coffee
        Reach in and pluck it from his ear.
        Toss it far away.
        Reach in and grab his keys.
        Toss them the other way.

Better yet, keep his phone, call every number on it and tell them all what an idiot he is.
        Tell his boss to fvck off.
        Have your sister call his wife and ask why he stood her up.
        Tell the cops about the upcoming drug deals.
        Tell PETA about the pitbull fights.
        Creativity counts, use your imagination.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by john fish View Post
          Well, since the proliferation of cell phones I've noticed a big decrease in attention rates.

Previously, I noted a decrease in highway courtesy when cruise control became prevalent. Folks would just sit in the fast lane at a preset speed and hold up traffic. Saw a Gold Wing do it the other day.

I just assume all cars are piloted by drunken, psychopathic dervishes. Haven't been proven wrong yet. John
          +1 to all comments above.

I can tell you that while driving my car that I have witnessed the following in the past 7 days or so:

1) Tailgating (less than 3 seconds follwing distance)
          2) Sudden U-turn in the middle of a highway
          3) Parking directly behind me as I prepared to back out of my driveway (the lady had to get and grab somebody's discarded folding chairs 3 doors down the street and thought nothing of making me wait rather than properly parking her car to achieve her goal)

And the following have reached epidemic proportion in this area and are simply daily occurences to the point of being mundane:

1) Not stopping at stop signs
          2) Blowing thru "yellow" lights (that have been red for a second)
          3) Speeding police (no lights, no sirens, 20+ mph over the limit) - this is just how they drive
          4) No turn signals for either lane changes or directional changes/turns
          5) Cell phone use while driving - certainly greater than 50% in my observations
          6) Lane drift - crossing white and yellow lines as if they're simiply "suggestions"
          7) Drinking and driving - Even among my friends I find that most believe that they are OK when, in fact, they are at least questionable and sometimes probably at or above the legal limit

It's rough out there folks. Be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Reach in and pluck it from his ear.
            Toss it far away.
            Reach in and grab his keys.
            Toss them the other way.

Better yet, keep his phone, call every number on it and tell them all what an idiot he is.
            Tell his boss to fvck off.
            Have your sister call his wife and ask why he stood her up.
            Tell the cops about the upcoming drug deals.
            Tell PETA about the pitbull fights.
            Creativity counts, use your imagination.
            LOLLLLLLLL

Cagers are busy doing other things but driving.
            The good part is they will eventually kill themselves.
            The bad part is they will also take someone down with them.
            McLoud
            '79 GS850
            `98 GSF1200 Bandit
            sigpic
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

ah they just dont pay much attention to bikes...
              itll never change.

ive started seeing commercials now telling drivers to look out for motorcycles during the summer months...
              at least the dmv is trying to increase awareness

Comment

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod
                Sudden U-turn in the middle of a highway
                what the hell why would you do this? that is messed up. i'm glad i usually ride in rural areas that have enough traffic everyone is paying attention, but not so much that there are more dangerous situations.

Comment

Here are some video's I've seen lately of cagers being retarded. Some of the adverts on this site may not be work safe so be forewarned.

I've read the story behind this one and that guy actually signaled before passing and was not at fault.

I don't know what happened here, but its like the guy in the left lane just YOKED the ebrake for no reason.

Jesus. That poor motorcycle cop. I swear I barely would have been able to resist emptying a magazine into their windshield.

I speak greek fairly well because all of my dads side of the family is greek, and the jist of what this guy is saying after the crash involved the virgin mary, the drivers mother, and some very lewd acts.

This isn't a crash but its some insane a$$hole on a crotch rocket.

Comment

Working...
                  X