Muskegon Bike Time, 1 percenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muskegon Bike Time, 1 percenter

Had other plans for this weekend, but things changed and I was able to ride up to Muskegon yesterday for Muskegon Bike Time.

Six blocks of bikes on boths sides of street and two rows down the middle on the main street, and on the next street over 6 blocks all down one side, and all the side streets in between on both sides of street.

Seemed like I and and only a few other japeneese inline fours were the one percenters at Muskegon Bike Time. Maybe even one twentyth of one percent.
    Of course I am refereing to 1 percent as a statistic, not that we were the troublemakers.

I parked my GK on one of the side street. And saw another GK on the main street, see GS Sightings for that picture.
    Last edited by Redman; 07-21-2008, 06:36 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

And a few pics from this afternoon

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Notice in the pictures all the bikes, but not a lot of bikers, they are mostly all in the beer tents or the bars.

Maybe next year can get togetheter some of us Michigan GSers to meet up somewhere there. .... And go for a ride from there, maybe come back for the food vendors. The main activity here is the 4 beer tents and the 4 bars.
      Last edited by Redman; 07-21-2008, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Notice in the pictures all the bikes, but not a lot of bikers, they are mostly all in the beer tents or the bars.

Maybe next year can get togetheter some of us Michigan GSers to meet up somewhere there. .... And go for a ride from there, maybe come back for the food vendors. The main activity here is the 4 beer tents and the 4 bars.
        ya, i never understood that "lets get drunk at a motorcycle show!" mentality

Comment

I just got back from a 1500 mile trip from wisconsin all the way around lake Michigan yesterday and we stopped at that rally on Friday but my 1982 gs850 was only there for an hour or so and we had to get going and Headed on to Bay City.

I had the oldest bike in our group of 8 and I had 4-5 people come up and talk to me about my bike, not a soul came up to any of the people in our group and talked to them about their fancy Harley's. I found that rather amusing.

Comment

There may not have been may japanese bikes there but there were a BUNCH of bikes assembled from Japanese made parts!

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
              ya, i never understood that "lets get drunk at a motorcycle show!" mentality
              You mean, Let's get Drunk, then Ride home from the show!
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                You mean, Let's get Drunk, then Ride home from the show!
                yep.. they seem to do that same thing anytime there are vehicles at all involved. the frankenmuth car show is the same say.. thousands of expensive cars with expensive restoration jobs and half the owners are in the beer tent. seems counter intintuitive to me..

Comment

ha! love the pic with all the cushy touring seats and black half helmets as far as the eye can see!!

Comment

Working...
                  X