No announcement yet.

Dam F'&^@#% on I405NB! -WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the air horn might work very well, they're not cheap. The canned-horn is good, but only if you can get to it. Often times, you only have a half-second and that's it. My girlfriends Suzuki Intruder had the same basic horn that my old GS1100 had. What I did was buy a used Hella horn off've a Buell motorcycle for $10. It's the same horn you'll find standard on most Harley Davidson's and it is one very loud horn and is just as loud as any car horn.

Since I've gotten my HD, I've had three dumba$$e$ attempt to move into me and I gave em' the horn. They backed off immediately! Sure it's a little bit bigger, but so is the air horn or the can. Nice to have it, that's for sure. I remember earlier last year, when some weenie did the same thing to me on my GS and though I gave him the horn, he didn't hear me and pushed into me anyway.

$15 below for the Hella made horn. Chrome cover optional (search for 'harley horn')

Comment

Showed my mom the Wolo Bad Boy today. In the garage. Wrong.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Oh man! Did you get hit?

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          worse than wrong.. that's

wah... wah.. wah..roooonnnggg

Comment

I'm glad to hear you and your bike was unhurt.. seems that the drivers get worse and worse...agressive and with a cell stuck in their ear.
            It's not good enough to watch yourself.. you have to watch for the 4 wheeled ones as well...

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              Google "Stebel"
              I use the Stebel horn. Huge difference.

Comment

I was just telling some of my friends how I have been spared the other week... that guy pretty much just showed me VIGILENCE is the only protection

....and a really loud ear bleeding horn... I'll make sure not to set this thing off in the garage... OUCH!.... Watched a guy get forced onto the shoulder yesterday from some tard heading to mercer island.. did not signal for him either.. I was on the bus so I could not tell if the bike even hit the horn or not.. just went along his merry way... though i noticed the car spead further ahead after the close call.... I think he was scard of the furious biker behind him =P

...they like small dogs... they bark and are all aggressive but second you make a move toward them they fall over and scurry away... LOL
                Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariner Fan View Post
                  I use the Stebel horn. Huge difference.
                  I'll vouch for the Stebels as well-I've had them (2) on my 650 for the 19 years I've had the bike-they'll wake the deadheads fer shure. Keep them dry/rust free inside/pointed downward and they keep working. I shoot WD40 in them now and then.

Comment

Working...
                  X