Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had PMS for 37 Days

"Parked Motorcycle Syndrome" -

Due to a nerve injury in my neck, shoulder & arm that's left me unable to extend my right arm for more that a few seconds & continual numbness from fingers to elbow, I decided that giving it a go was worth the pain so I threw on the gear and prepared for one treatment to cure my PMS.

The bikes have sat idle in the garage for over a month... Today, I just couldn't take it any longer. Voices in the garage continued to chant, "go for a ride, go for a ride... start me up, start me up...." I heard them... I know they were there.... I'm weak willed,...

I tried to resist; temptation overtook me & I threw caution behind and ended the suffering. Abiet short, a long waited, but much enjoyed 70 mile jaunt through the countryside ended the despair.

Because the riding position of my GS puts a lot of weight on my shoulders and arms, I decided to just let her warm up good and took her up the street and back. Fortunately, my Trumpy is a cruiser, so I could kick back and stretch the arms out and just leave everything behind.

This may not be the greatest GS Story ever told..... but Tuesday's MRI might bring some bitter news, so today has the Best day on a bike I've ever had, so I just had to write about it.

A few years ago I pinched a nerve and couldn't even hold a fork.
    You have my deepest sympathies, it makes it hard to deal with everyday stuff.
    Wish you well.

Comment

Glad to hear you could get out for a ride.Good luck with the treatment.Cheers,Simon.

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Sounds like a great ride. Sometimes you just gotta. I tore a rotator cuff a few years ago and it took a year to heal enough that I could pick up a cup of coffee. Hang in there.

Earl
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

good thing you got a ride in. i'm hoping and praying for the best for ya!

Comment

my first thought seeing the thread title was my ex-wife holds the record,best wishes to you

Comment

Working...
            X