Clear All

Went for a little day ride...

Nice day for it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Yesterday after work

Not in the same league as yours ..

This is the little Ninja

Comment

Absolutely breathtaking view! So what kind of effect does the altitude have on engine runability?

Comment

Is that up on 7? I rode by there Sunday hoping to get better pictures, but the weather didn't cooperate http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=131076

Comment

Not quite as spectacular,but not bad for the middle of winter.Cheers,Simon.

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
            SHeesh, I wish OUR winter looked like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
              NICE bike!! Good picture too! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Burke View Post
                Absolutely breathtaking view! So what kind of effect does the altitude have on engine runability?
                Runs OK, very underpowered. I keep it as lean as I can where I live, at 5,000 ft, it loses less as you go up that way.

Even so, a 1000 runs about like a 550 without the high RPM kick at 10,000ft, the roads here go as high as 14,000. It's a real dog up there.

Sooner or later I want to go with fuel injection, should be better on the highest roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado CJ View Post
                  Is that up on 7? I rode by there Sunday hoping to get better pictures, but the weather didn't cooperate http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=131076
                  This was the East side of Berthoud Pass, on Monday. Had better weather than the day before, we only got snowed on a little bit.

We went from H to F on your map, then up through the Park to the West, and home on highway 40.
                  Your thread inspired me to post this pic in the first place.
                  How do you do the little map thing?
                  Last edited by tkent02; 08-20-2008, 08:46 PM.

Comment

So am i thinking correctly that your mixture richens as altitude increases due to the lower density of air? If so, stupid question, what would happen if you removed the side covers from the airbox at high altitude to allow more air? Maybe more pain than it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Burke View Post
                      So am i thinking correctly that your mixture richens as altitude increases due to the lower density of air? If so, stupid question, what would happen if you removed the side covers from the airbox at high altitude to allow more air? Maybe more pain than it's worth.
                      Yes, that works. I remove the cover to make it a little better up high, but it's a pain, might go up and down six times in a day.

If you were staying up all day it would be a great idea. Or if you were riding a bike around here that was tuned for sea level. Really it only changes the mixture a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        This was the East side of Berthoud Pass, on Monday. Had better weather than the day before, we only got snowed on a little bit.

We went from H to F on your map, then up through the Park to the West, and home on highway 40.
                        Your thread inspired me to post this pic in the first place.
                        How do you do the little map thing?
                        Nice! It almost snowed on me Sunday.

As for the map, you just use google maps and right click on the map where you want to place a pin. It will calculate the best route between pins, so if it goes where you don't want it to, just delete that pin and place one a little closer to the previous pin.

I'll probably be riding through Masonville, up into the Poudre Canyon either Saturday or Sunday (I'll be sure to take plenty of pics).

Comment

tom, your pic is now my desktop background! thanks, and, i am jealous! if we end up in co i will definitely have to hook up with you guys!!

greg
                          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post

Nice day for it.
                            Man, i really miss Colorado somtimes. If i could ever choose to move back to a state ive already lived in, it would be that one.

Ive probably seen this before, but its been 20 years since ive lived there, i swear that must have been a volcano at one time, no?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post

Ive probably seen this before, but its been 20 years since ive lived there, i swear that must have been a volcano at one time, no?
                              Well if it ever was one it still is, but I think probably not. Would have to spend a day walking up there to find out for sure, but in this other pic you can see it is just part of a long ridge, looks like a glacier once chewed it's way into that area that looks like a crater, (notice the rounded valley coming out of it) then later on a part of the upper ridge has slumped down into the same hole. Any geologists care to elaborate?
                              Come on out, we'll go up there and find out.

Last edited by tkent02; 08-21-2008, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X