Public Safety Reminder-Harvest Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Safety Reminder-Harvest Season

I was out and about on the bike this Weekend and the Corn and Tobacco harvests are in fiull swing. I just want everyone to be aware that around the next curve or over the next hill could be slow moving farm equipment. I encountered this Yesterday.Tobacco on a scaffold wagon on the way from the field to the barn.

I happened to be doing 55 when I saw it and slowed down and dug the camera out of the tank bag. He was moving about 20 mph and when He turned Left up where You see the white sign there was no indication at all. Everyone be aware and stay safe this Fall.
    Last edited by marvinsc; 09-02-2008, 04:22 PM.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Doesn't law require a slow moving sign on the back? Lots of wagons have running and signal lights around here too. I can understand how a big green mass would be hard to see.

Coming from an agricultural background and growing up in a rural area, I have a pretty good respect for farm equipment.

Good idea to warn folks about this. So many people don't pay enough attention to the vehicles with no energy absorbing crumple zones.

Comment

I think technically they are supposed to have a Triangle sign but there are Probably a thousand or more right here in this county and they are used for about 2 weeks a year. The statute is not enforced as Dark Fired Tobacco is THE Legal Cash crop here. Dark Fired Tobacco is used in Snuff and Chewing Tobacco. The local Illegal cash crop is Smoked.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
      X