Camping on Palomar Mt. Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping on Palomar Mt. Pics!

Finally got to make the camping trip up the mtn. Spent 2 days with Fam and Friends at the Observatory Campground. I highly recommend this place if you are in So cal camping. Great ride up, lots of traffi- free rural roads, just minutes away from home, and 7 miles of fun twisties up the hill! heres some pics - One from the ride up, the GS in front of a a fire victim from last year, a few from the parking lot of the observatory...thats the wife and kid there...

Heres a few more

Couple more of the Observatory, and of the campsite

Comment

Happy Campers!

Best Friends

Me and the wife

Darby and Ashley

Outa here!!

Comment

OK, just a few more

View from the observation deck on the observatory trail

Every camping trip needs a Light Saber fight

Family Portrait

little man, big dome

EDIT - not sure why these are small...??
        Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2008, 01:21 PM. Reason: Small pic confusion

Comment

Nice pictures C.V. Made me a bit envious though, that sunshine is the first I`ve seen in a couple of weeks. Your campsite looked a lot more inviting than mine at a bike rally I`ve just been to, three days non-stop rain & gale force winds !. Probably going to take a full day to wash the mud off the bike, tent etc. Anyway, thanks for sharing those pics.
          "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
          1978 GS750
          1979 GS750 chop
          1979 GS550
          2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
          2000 Enfield Bullet 500
          1992 XV750 Virago
          2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Originally posted by tomo View Post
            Nice pictures C.V. Made me a bit envious though, that sunshine is the first I`ve seen in a couple of weeks. Your campsite looked a lot more inviting than mine at a bike rally I`ve just been to, three days non-stop rain & gale force winds !. Probably going to take a full day to wash the mud off the bike, tent etc. Anyway, thanks for sharing those pics.
            Yeah, the weather was pretty awesome for the whole trip, a little chilly the first night though. Sorry to hear about the 3 days of wet for yours, you got more guts than i do, I'd have been heading for home!

Comment

Working...
            X