memory lane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

memory lane...

finally took a digi pic of an old Polariod shot of my ride in 1974...

1962 Triumph Tiger 650 w/springer front end, rigid frame, 4 spd tranny, shifter on the right side, no gauges, useless front brake, and no mufflers or baffles, not even an air filter...handled like crap but it was sure an eye-catcher!!

So you have been an Outlaw for a while now Huh?
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
      So you have been an Outlaw for a while now Huh?
      Outlaw, no...
      Abnormal, yes

Comment

Great posting. Thanks.

Man, that is a "springer" front end.

When listing the bikes attributes I would have thought you would have mentioned the kick starter as one of its memoralble characteristics, but maybe you just assume that when you say "62 Triumph".

I dont recall the specifics, but maybe it was a bike like that, maybe not so much a chopper, but I recall an instance in about 1971, when I was maybe 19, where I was standing looking at a parked motorcycle. Probably was a british bike, but I remember standing there looking at it, looking at the motor thinking "look, 2 cyclinders, 2 exhaust pipes", and looking at the frame thinking "look, handle bars, two wheels, look, chain going from motor to rear wheel", and thinking "motor - cycle - motor on a cycle - motorcycle". I also remember looking at all the levers and pedals wondering what all those were for.
        Eight years later I was in a mo'cycle dealer looking at bikes and still didnt know what all the levers and pedals were for, but bought one anyway. Got a KZ400, which looked like such a british bike.
        Anyway, looking at your picture reminded me of that occassion 37 years ago.

Thanks, That was fun.

Dont mean to be critical, but, maybe your digital camera has a "macro" setting (usally the little tulip symbol, that is good for close ups).
        Last edited by Redman; 10-24-2008, 03:42 PM. Reason: speelling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Great posting. Thanks.

Man, that is a "springer" front end.

When listing the bikes attributes I would have thought you would have mentioned the kick starter as one of its memoralble characteristics, but maybe you just assume that when you say "62 Triumph".....

Dont mean to be critical, but, maybe your digital camera has a "macro" setting (usally the little tulip symbol, that is good for close ups).
          Yes, I assumed everyone my age figured there was no eletric start on that vintage bike. That bike wasn't too agreeable when kickstarting, not as bad as some of the old Harleys I've kicked over, but you had to stand up on it to even turn it over. And then occassionally it would not catch and whamm...you'd hyperextend the knee and be cursing away.

I used the close up option, but between trying to hold the old Polaroid up to the light with one hand (no flash on closeups) and holding the digi camera with the other along with a little out of focus original pic I gave up. You see the best I could get.
          Maybe it reflects a little on that stage of my life....a little blurry....cooool maaaaaan

Comment

But, its not a GS, and its....br ...br....brbrbr.....british...

Lucas wiring anybody?

Comment

Working...
            X