No announcement yet.

a summer night long long ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stories guys. Can relate to the turbo thing. Beat a couple v8's with my old Dodge Shelby. Still have it... still do it....

Comment

I just raced a black Nissan R35GTR (the new skyline) about a month ago on my '80 GS850g (stock) with my lard@$$ on in (6'5 220) and I beat him off the line AND for about a half mile until we came up on 2 cars in two lanes in front of us. I weaved around my car and he slowed so I WON! GS850 FOR THE WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        In 1990 I built my first turbo bike for a customer. It was a big blocked 1260 with a Mr. Turbo kit. We set the boost at 15 pounds & the owner told me to keep it & work ALL the bugs out & call him when it was ready. I rode it probably 6 or 7 times while taking care of issues, moving & changing pipe hangers & boost gauge & small issues. The night before I called him to tell him it was ready I took it to a bike night spot. There were GSXRs & ZX10s & FZR1000s so this 83 GS1100 didn't get much attention at first. I walked around & talked to a lot of the guys I knew & one of my friends told me there was a guy with a Yoshimura built GSXR with a 1254 motor that the owner would race anyone for 100 bucks. I went over & asked him if he had the cash on him & showed him mine. We gave the money to another friend of mine to hold & took off for the H-1 freeway. About 50 other bikes rolled out before us to go run blocking on the freeway. We got up on the freeway & got up to the agreed upon 60 MPH roll & I gave him 3 honks & let him go. I was in third gear & after giving him 100 yards I rolled on the GS & got it up on boost. The front end started to come up & I clicked 4th gear. The front end stayed up so I clicked 5th gear. I got even with him at about a buck 30 on the speedo & when he looked over at me, I pegged the throttle & left him like he was parked! I slowed down & we rolled again from 100. This time I left it in 5th gear & the boost came on instantly! The front end started to come up so I got up on the tank & it came down but I still left him like he missed a gear. After that we all went back to the drive in & I got my money. I took the bike back to my shop & turned the boost back down to 8 pounds so the owner wouldn't kill himself! The following day the owner came & got the bike & I told him it was PLENTY fast! About 2 weeks later he brought it back for me to service & go over everything. While we were talking about the bike he told me how he had taken it to a bike night looking for a race & couldn't get any takers. I never had the heart to tell him why but that bike sure was fast! If you have never ridden a GOOD turbo bike on the street, you just don't know what you're missing! Ray.
        awsome story Ray! Street racing sure can be fun! Here is one of my adventures http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=135803
        Last edited by skip; 12-29-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X