Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progressive Springs/Sick Day/Beach Ride?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive Springs/Sick Day/Beach Ride?????

Well this is an unusual post, first off if you have a 1982 GS1100EZ (GO GET FREAKING PROGRESSIVE FORK SPRINGS NOW)--they are awesome--unreal!!!

Anyway put them in last night, and was so impressed I just had to put some miles on them the following day. Sh#t I have to work--OH my boss said I had to burn a sick day --NO problem BUDDY !! Feel sick now!!

Took the day off and met a buddy (CB guy) down at the shoreline, about 67 degrees in CT today. Found an awesome road that parallels the ocean and you can literally drive up to the sandy area--Anyway aside from the Awesome ride the moral of the story is that I feel like I have a new bike just by replacing the old oem springs--if you haven't--JUST do it -the best 70.00 you will spend!!!

Looks like Good times

The Racetech cartridge emulators, do a very nice job as well and make bigger diff than springs.
    Pos

Comment

ya I should of looked into that, may be to late, the original springs on my bike would bottom out almost every bump, and waddle on all corners--so this is a HUGE change in riding with the new springs.

Comment

BTDT ! What wt oil are you using ?
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I using 15 wt

with progressives springs for 82/83 1100 a well as Racetech catridge emulators. Preload set to minimum. No spacer on springs.
          Cartridge emulators left as set at the factory. Very firm for my 200 lbs.
          Pos

Comment

I was extreamly lucky, bought new prog fork springs for my 850 for $15 on ebay

Comment

i plan on doing the progressives over the winter. along with fork seals.

Comment

Working...
              X