Fallin' off the wagon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallin' off the wagon....

I have to come clean....I rode my "new" '84 Yammie Venture 40 miles home yesterday and may be drifting from my beloved GSes....OK, there I said it, now don't get angry You may look away if this pic of a non-GS offends you!

Nice, I have always liked the old Venture.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
      I have to come clean....I rode my "new" '84 Yammie Venture 40 miles home yesterday and may be drifting from my beloved GSes....OK, there I said it, now don't get angry You may look away if this pic of a non-GS offends you!
      It doesn't offend me at all. As a matter of fact, it's quite pleasing to my eye.

First-generation Ventures (1983-93) were great bikes! You'll really like this excellent tourer.

Venturesome Grandpa

Comment

I think that bike looks great. Really like the color.

I'm not mad at 'cha..........
        Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Good looking cruiser.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I have an uncle out in Cali.. he retired his goldwing and bought a brand new venture.. was same color as yours (same year I think). and broke it in by riding it home to Indiana for a visit home.. he stopped at our house in Illinois and took it for it's first service at a local yamaha dealership.. the bike still had blue on the white lettered tires.
            I thought it was a sharp bike then and still do. Very nice!

Comment

ok just a joke, why not drive 4 wheels. im 62 and never will own a bagger. just way to much stuff their for me.
              if you like a bike with that much stuff on it, the one you have is VERY nice. enjoy.

Comment

Nice looking bike, enjoy!.

Earl
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I'm not exactly impartial here, but the first gen Ventures are not your typical "bagger". Mine is a hell of a lot of fun to ride
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2009, 05:54 PM.

Comment

looks like the right number of wheels.
                    I had one of them loved it, just sold it last year, put a sidecar on it for a while. 1984 was the last year of the 2nd gear issue. not an expensive fix parts wise but a lot of labour. Problem shows up by 50000 miles when 2nd starts to "skip" under hard acceleration.
                    GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by derwood View Post
                      looks like the right number of wheels.
                      I had one of them loved it, just sold it last year, put a sidecar on it for a while. 1984 was the last year of the 2nd gear issue. not an expensive fix parts wise but a lot of labour. Problem shows up by 50000 miles when 2nd starts to "skip" under hard acceleration.
                      The original owner addressed the 2nd gear fix, so I decided to buy it. I have only put 60 miles on it so far as we keep getting whacked with snow in NH (another 13" yesterday).

Comment

Nice looking bike. Just the thing to carry all your stuff to Moosehead.
                        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                        2000 Kawasaki Concours
                        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I thought I might leech off the thread here...

I check the local craigslists every few days for GSes
                          and thought I'd add Honda Magna to the search.

Any thoughts on the Magna?
                          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Kerrfunk,
                            Magna is a Great bike, a riding buddy had one gobs of power, good handling,very reliable. Not so great to work on though.

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
                              Nice looking bike. Just the thing to carry all your stuff to Moosehead.
                              Doesn't Luke's buddy come to Moosehead on a Venture? I do not recall it slowing us down at all. Nice machine for sure.

I am not far away from considering a full dress touring machine for long trips. That would be IDEAL for Moosehead, just make sure the shock seals are tight! You will love that windshield, you can probably ride in a deluge and not get wet!
                              Currently bikeless
                              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X