GS less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS less

Just sold and delivered my 1100G yesterday. Reposted it on CL and it was sold in 1 hour at full price. I guess maybe I ask reasonable prices compared to the overpriced or non-roadworthy stuff on CL or e-bay! ....or maybe timing is everything?
    40 something yr old guy getting back into bikes for easy money. Hopefully he cares for it as much as I did for the last 3 seasons, although I don't think he can turn a wrench....I changed the oil and filter because it was due in 100 miles for him before turning it over, at his request.

My 1100E will be delivered in a few weeks to a fellow forum member. It is a sweet bike.
    No more decisions to make in the morning!!!!
    That will leave me with no GSes and sole riding on my XVZ1200, but for how long?..........
    Do I have to turn in my badge at the door????
    Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM.

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
    Just sold and delivered my 1100G yesterday. Reposted it on CL and it was sold in 1 hour at full price. I guess maybe I ask reasonable prices compared to the overpriced or non-roadworthy stuff on CL or e-bay! ....or maybe timing is everything?
    40 something yr old guy getting back into bikes for easy money. Hopefully he cares for it as much as I did for the last 3 seasons, although I don't think he can turn a wrench....I changed the oil and filter because it was due in 100 miles for him before turning it over, at his request.

My 1100E will be delivered in a few weeks to a fellow forum member. It is a sweet bike.
    No more decisions to make in the morning!!!!
    That will leave me with no GSes and sole riding on my XVZ1200, but for how long?..........
    No, you're cool...
    Just start looking for another.

P.S.
    Want a nice tight '79 1000E?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      No, you're cool...
      Just start looking for another.

P.S.
      Want a nice tight '79 1000E?
      Thanks, but you're 2k miles away. Besides, I need to wallow in my self-pity for a few days

Here is what I'm looking at.....I can pretend it's has any motor I want....340hp, V8, 8 speed, etc......

Comment

Thanks, but you're 2k miles away. Besides, I need to wallow in my self-pity for a few days

Here is what I'm looking at.....I can pretend it's has any motor I want....340hp, V8, 8 speed, etc......
        Maybe you could put some pedals on it.........

And you can keep your card.
        Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Congratulations, Steve. Welcome to the club of former GSers. That's a fine machine you have now, replacing the G.

Former GS ownership is painless, I assure you. If the Venture weren't such a great bike, I'd miss my GK even more. I rode GS shafties for 23 riding seasons, and I have many terrific memories of all those years and miles.

If you're going to own just one bike, the Venture is a fine one to do the job. On with the "new."

Comment

Nah, I think you can stick around. LOL I sold my 1150 three years ago and have been exclusively riding a Bandit 12 since then. I still have my 81 450, but its only accumulated about 150 miles in the four years I've had it. eheh

Earl
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

The bike is ready for the trip.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                The bike is ready for the trip.
                Think of the gas milege you will get, as long as it's downhill
                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...