West VA weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West VA weekend

Here's some pics from me and my girls West VA trip this past weekend. It was awesome! Some of the best roads, scenery and people in the country !

http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/Rick9353/West%20VA%20April%2009/

Rick, we are having a West Virginia ride right there in the New River Gorge area in July. We would love to have you join us if you can make it. Check out the thread.

Also if you click the link in my signature block you might see some places you recognize.

I think of West Virginia as being this very large motorcycle riding theme park where the rides are always open with no lines to wait in.
    Last edited by dpep; 04-20-2009, 01:40 PM.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Looks like you had a nice run out there. As usual, I would've loved that run, but no way I was gonna get outta work Friday. Enjoy that flexibility!

I did manage to rack up about 150 miles on Saturday afternoon. Ran by Battley cycles, literally. The place was packed to the gills with bikes and folks. I was trying to figure where to park when it occured to me that I'd rather spend the time and good weather riding instead of talking and eating free food, so I never put a foot down.

From Battley I wandered north until I got kind of lost. Then I wandered west until I hit 270 when I decided to make a run to Summit Point Raceway. Kind of a drone until ya get to that last 5 miles or so of Summit Point Road - what a great road! Several SHARP turns, lots of little hills and some curves.

One of these days we'll have to get together and ride. Until then, glad you got to enjoy WV and some good weather from the saddle! Thanks for sharing the ride and the pics!

Comment

dpep,

FYI: I've been eyeing your WV trip for quite some time now. I'm hoping to make the time for it, but I won't know for a while yet if that'll happen. With any luck, I'll be fortunate enough to join up with y'all.

Comment

Working...
        X