37 dgerees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

37 dgerees

Here it is Jun 1st in NH and still another chilly 45 minute ride to work this morning. Well, if I want warm weather riding, I'll just push up retirement and move south.
    After riding all day Sat with my wife as passenger on the Venture ,alongside my oldest son on his bike, I switched back to the GS1100E for my morning commute today.
    Not quite alert as I should be, I proceeded to almost put myself over the bars at the first stop sign at the bottom of my hill. FYI, the GS stops much quicker than the Yammie, partly due to better brakes and maybe more to do with being 300lbs lighter!
    Still not quite on the ball, I almost lost my grip on the bars taking off into traffic, again due to the quickness of the GS compared to the other big bike. Now the V4 of the XVZ12 has plenty of power and torque, but switching back the GS without mentally adjusting can catch a you off guard.
    Once I switched over to "E mode", the dark side started to kick in. Tired of follwing 8 cars "putting" along (OK, maybe they were doing the speed limit?), I picked a reasonable passing opportunity to kick it down to 4th gear and within seconds had them all in my rear view mirrors in one shot.
    I won't admit to my re-entry speed, but hitting triple digits on 2 lane roads, it may be time to get this bike out of my hands again?...well, not yet! This being my 3rd 1100E over the last 2 years, it probably doesn't matter, as I'll just break down within a short time and get another one!
    ....where do I seek help?...oh, wait a minute, why am I asking you folks?....you're part of the problem, eh?

EDIT: excuse the dyslexic spelling in the title!
    Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2009, 10:55 AM.

Ha, we all love the quickness of our liter GS's, but becareful that she doesn't bite you in the process.

I was messing with a big HD guy, who rides like he's God's gift to the tarmac, and well I gave my bike a bit too much juice so when I came back into the lane not only was he a lot slower, but upon realizing this I squeezed a bit much and the rear tire on my bike lost traction a little easier than anticipated. I said that will be enough of that sheet.

It's kind of like the Spiderman quote, with great power comes great responsibility...

Comment

Working...
    X