A ride thru Kananaskis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ride thru Kananaskis

My wife and I took our first out of town ride on the GS on friday. From Calgary, we went south thru Black Diamond and Turner Valley, then north on highway 40 back to the transcanada.

We saw mountain sheep and deer. My wife saw a bear from the back seat, but I missed it.

I pumped gas when I was 21, but I never had a view like this from work.

Rugged country.

Looks like a beautiful ride. Anybody else on the road? It looks lonely in the pics. Thanks for sharing.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Nice pics.
      I like riding when there is nobody else out on the roads. The wildlife is great to look at as long as it stays away from the road.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

There was the occasional car on the road, this area fills up on the weekends but is quiet during the week. There were about 6 other bikes at the gas station when we pulled. The sheep are funny, they don't move for nothin, so you just slow down to like 5km/hr and ride around them while they stare at you.

Comment

Looks like some nice county to ride through. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I used to live in canmore, its gorgeous country up there

Comment

I hope to take that ride someday soon with the girlfriend on the GS550E and me on the V-Strom. The KLR makes it fun to export the #40 South of Kananaskis which is a gravel forestry service road. We did that two up last year returning from Koocanusa.

Comment

MacGyver, if you want company, shoot me a PM before you go, maybe we can tag along.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerMonger View Post
                  MacGyver, if you want company, shoot me a PM before you go, maybe we can tag along.
                  gotta love stopping at fortress gas station if you want to ride the highwood pass i'm in need to know when though and i'm usually off on tue wed i do this ride at least 2 times a year

Comment

Beer I know that gas station. A few miles down the road from the entrance into Kananaskis right? I bought my fishing license there when I was with my brother's family camping.

Originally posted by BeerMonger View Post
                    My wife and I took our first out of town ride on the GS on friday. From Calgary, we went south thru Black Diamond and Turner Valley, then north on highway 40 back to the transcanada.

We saw mountain sheep and deer. My wife saw a bear from the back seat, but I missed it.

I pumped gas when I was 21, but I never had a view like this from work.

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                      Beer I know that gas station. A few miles down the road from the entrance into Kananaskis right? I bought my fishing license there when I was with my brother's family camping.
                      Yep, you got it.

Comment

Working...
                      X