No announcement yet.

zrx12 vs gs1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now that is one sweet sounding 1150 .the race was about the same for me the kawi shot out in front but i had a bit more than a 1/8 th mile.
    it looks as if the 1150 was gaining at the top end, maby with a 1/4 mile thing might have been differant .
    if i was to buy a newer bike i would seriously look at a zrx it handled well and it has the same kinda grunt the 1150 has......toolman

Comment

By the way, I am in NO WAY biased to any manufacturer. I have many "favorites" from all the manufacturers. In fact I would love to own a Z-Rex AND a bandit AND an FZ1. AND another '77 kz1000 ltd like the ones I used to own. Etc.Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mistertoadie View Post
        That race was won at the start. The 1150 seemed to have serious traction problems or he was scared of it and eased it off the line. I would have liked to seen a full 1/4 mile run. No disrespect to you skip, Excellent ride.
        I have always had a fair launch and I did get out in front but the MPH at the end of the track was higher on the ZRX on all trhee races. That is the test of HP. On the long version of that video there is the second of the "two out of three" race. It was closer as luke had a personal best of 7.24? on the 1150 on that run. I still was faster with a 7.01 @103. If I can figure out how to edit it so photo bucket will load it( its 9 minutes long) too.That race was close all the way down the track, and for a while it looked like the gs might win

Comment

Thanks for sharing that awsome video SKIP!! love seeing that stuff!! My only comment is your buddy is a big boy, he must have at least 50 lbs on you, and in the world of drag racing ---YOU KNOW--50lbs will effect your time, you should have him on the strip in that regard, but through a 150lb rider on their instead of a 230lb guy and things could change--cool video man.

Comment

Originally posted by cromwell1234 View Post
            Thanks for sharing that awsome video SKIP!! love seeing that stuff!! My only comment is your buddy is a big boy, he must have at least 50 lbs on you, and in the world of drag racing ---YOU KNOW--50lbs will effect your time, you should have him on the strip in that regard, but through a 150lb rider on their instead of a 230lb guy and things could change--cool video man.
            he did have at least 50 lbs on me but he also had a motor that was in the 150hp range vs my 130 hp . the 20 extra hp should offset the 50 lbs rider diffence no?
            That GS in the video is the same GS I owned for 18 years. I built the motor the first time and star racing freshened it up before Luke bought it from me. The fact that the ZRX was able to hold its own at all was cool. But you are correct, with two identicle riders with the same reaction time and the same 60ft time that GS would have won Due to the extensive modifications on that bike. A stock gs 1150 will not beat a stock ZRX 1200, At least not one with me on it .

Comment

I remember when I worked for a Kawasaki dealer when the ZRX's were fairly new to the market, I heard of some neat "inside" tricks from a Kawi race team manager up at Loudon that could be done with the ZRX's. The first trick was to swap the cams with ZX-11 cams, and the second trick to sharpen the handleing was to rotate the eccentric rear axle collars 180 degrees to alter the rake....

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
                I remember when I worked for a Kawasaki dealer when the ZRX's were fairly new to the market, I heard of some neat "inside" tricks from a Kawi race team manager up at Loudon that could be done with the ZRX's. The first trick was to swap the cams with ZX-11 cams, and the second trick to sharpen the handleing was to rotate the eccentric rear axle collars 180 degrees to alter the rake....
                Blowerbike and I were just talking about that last night... Will the Zixxer cams still drop in the ZRex 12 or only the 11???

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  Blowerbike and I were just talking about that last night... Will the Zixxer cams still drop in the ZRex 12 or only the 11???
                  I did the axle rotation on mine it was either great for the tight stuff or if you roated it the other way it was better for sweepers. The drop in cams for the ZRX that most of the guys used when I had my ZRX1200 are either the Muzzys or the Kawasaki ZZR1200 cams. I don't recall that many folks using anything else when I was on the ZRX forum. They may have I just don't remeber it

Comment

Originally posted by skip View Post
                    I did the axle rotation on mine it was either great for the tight stuff or if you roated it the other way it was better for sweepers. The drop in cams for the ZRX that most of the guys used when I had my ZRX1200 are either the Muzzys or the Kawasaki ZZR1200 cams. I don't recall that many folks using anything else when I was on the ZRX forum. They may have I just don't remeber it
                    Gotcha, well he was saying the ZRX1100 guys were using the ZX11 cams...we just werent sure that they were a drop in for the 1200 or not.. apparently not so.

Comment

A lot of feedback I recieved from ZRX riders was those torquey and stout ZRX's were the ultimate "wheelie" bike. Guys would drop the rear tire pressure a bit, and you could carry a wheelie for miles....

One guy I know of actually wheelied his ZRX so much and so frequently he blew the engine from oil cavitation during a wheelie! He even tried to get Kawi to warranty the engine, but after Kawasaki diagnosed and assesed the blown engine, they figured out exactly what did in fact occur.. so Kawi said "sorry charlie" NO WARRANTY FOR YOU....
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
                        A lot of feedback I recieved from ZRX riders was those torquey and stout ZRX's were the ultimate "wheelie" bike. Guys would drop the rear tire pressure a bit, and you could carry a wheelie for miles....

One guy I know of actually wheelied his ZRX so much and so frequently he blew the engine from oil cavitation. He even tried to get Kawi to warranty the engine, buy after Kawasaki diagnosed and assesed the blown engine, they figured out exactly what did in fact occur.. so Kawi said "sorry charlie" NO WARRANTY FOR YOU....
                        Dooohhhhhhhh fail...

Comment

Suzuki has rejected quite a few cracked front frame warranty claims on late model GSXRs due to stunters misusing the bikes.

Some a-hole threatened to sue them over it, until Suzuki's lawyers produced Youtube video of him stunting on his new Gixxer.....
                          sigpic

SUZUKI:
                          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

rode the zrx12 again today , what a nice bike lots of grunt. it seems to me that the gearing in 1 and 2 may be a bit lower than the 1150, any one know the specs on that thought.
                            funny thing the owner of the zrx is the one that wants to ride the 1150 . dont get me wrong its a great chance for me to ride the zrx.they are both nice bikes and i would be proud to own both, now throw in a bandit and i would be a very happy guy.....toolman

Comment

Working...
                            X