Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muskegon Bike Time (more pics than story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muskegon Bike Time (more pics than story)

Pictures of some bikes I saw at Muskegon Bike Time.
    My son and I rode up there Saturday, weather was predicted to be windy, maybe rain, and high temp of 66. Was only slightly better than that.

Was 9 or 10 blocks of bikes, on both sides of street and a row down the middle, and all the side streets. Moslty all HD and a lot of custom bikes.

850G? 1000G?

Saw this same GK last year. (better pic of it in last years pictures)

This from the 60s, apparently converted from 6volt to 12, but battery not fit in compartment so mounted on outside.
    I did not determine if the cup underneath was just randomly there if if specifically there for some particular reason.

As was the componets of the charging system and ignition.

Last edited by Redman; 07-20-2009, 07:34 PM. Reason: spulling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

THis Honda caught my eye.

A Honda CB750GK
    har har

Just a general view.

My son looking at a 62 knucklehead, a Sporty(?) a Something-or-other-Gllide(?).
    (I say "62" only becasue that was year on licnese plate.)
    Last edited by Redman; 07-19-2009, 11:14 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Some of my son's pictures.

Me looking at another 850G, probably an 80.
      The lemonaid was good and sour.

On our way out. We went down thru the main street. Got quite crowded, much more crowded than was at this place. Was a few places where vendors were set up kinda close to street with people standing around the display racks and then bikes parked in center of road.
      Apparently he pulled his camera out of his tank bag and got this pic of back of me and GK.

And here is one general view pic I took last year.

Link to more pics from last year
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Last edited by Redman; 07-19-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

there is a honda fitted out with vettr fairings and bags that looks a heck of alot like a GK every time i see it. it's right here around town, i should get a pic one of these days. sounds GREAT!

Comment

Looks like alot of fun in Muskegon !!

Thanks for the pics !!
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
            Looks like alot of fun in Muskegon !!

Thanks for the pics !!
            Most of the activity was burnout contest and stunt shows, and mostly the 4 beer tents with bands playing. I would rather go for a ride.

Just before we left, the fun included the Avengers riding through, about 100 of them, some with Michigan, some Ohio and some with Illinois patches.

Maybe next year we can make this a place for some of us GSRers to meet up for a ride.

(Greg78GS750 and I didnt get together during Bike Time, but we did get together the other day for an afternoon ride.)

Last edited by Redman; 08-01-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Something interesting, somewhere…

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Most of the activity was burnout contest and stunt shows
              Dave, from the looks from your photos, there were plenty of stunted burnouts in attendance.
              You and your son look out of place there, and so would I before gaining 100 lb., wasting 50 IQ points, donning a pirate costume and riding the socially mandated V twin.
              Dave, I guess I sound like a snob, but there must be many things more interesting that a beer tent. You and a lot of folks would rather be riding.
              I like your pics of the old Honda with the jury rigged ignition.
              Bill
              Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 08-03-2009, 08:16 AM.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                Dave, from the looks from your photos, there were plenty of stunted burnouts in attendance.
                You and your son look out of place there, and so would I before gaining 100 lb., wasting 50 IQ points, donning a pirate costume and riding the socially mandated V twin.
                Dave, I guess I sound like a snob, but there must be many things more interesting that a beer tent. You and a lot of folks would rather be riding.
                I like your pics of the old Honda with the jury rigged ignition.
                Bill
                Bill,

I suspect the ignition (and charging system) was fairly stock, just that it was out in the open. I too at first thought it must have been a juryrigged deal, but then realised it just that a cover is misssing so that it is all exposed. The mounting of the battery, now that is definaily non-stock. Greg78GS750 sid that he and his wife had just gotten a similar model & vintage Honda, so he could verify for us. Has been a long time since I last saw a selenium rectifyer like that (the thing with the red fins).

Hey, Maybe next year you too can be out-of-place and join us there, wander around a bit (good food vendors) and then go for a ride.

Last edited by Redman; 08-28-2009, 10:09 AM. Reason: spulling

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Redman, looks like you two had a nice time.

Comment

Working...
                  X