Texas pie run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas pie run

the Official Texas motorcycle forums have monthly pie runs where the last weekend of the month folks ride to a predetermined restaurant for good food and more importantly PIE! (or cake) each month it is in a different place around the state.
    for July the town was Ingleside, a coastal town across the bay from Corpus Christi.
    this was to be my first pie run as well as several other "first" for me.

I joined up with the pie Master who is the organizer of these events here in Cleburne and accompanied him on the scenic ride down and helped him with his goal to visit every court house in Texas. (we hit 12 on this trip)

Blanco county court house in Johnson city (home of president LBJ!)

we picked up three more riders in the town of Blanco, I got a pic of the group at the Court house in Seguin. all twins! two wee stroms, a BMW 1150GS, a 82 Virago 750 with a vetter on it, and my SV1KN

my first time to see the worlds largest pecan!!

we continued on hitting several more court houses.

after 11 hours on the road we reached Ingleside and met some more pie runners at the motel and decided if we were on the coast we needed to have seafood for dinner so after a quick freshen up we saddled up and headed for Aransas point to catch the ferry (first time on a ferry for me) to Mustang Island.

waiting in line for the ferry just before the security guard showed up and told us motorcycles can go around and go to the front of the line!

row row row your boat!

Comment

awesome pictures focus, but i suspect that pecan is a fraud

Comment

mmmmm seafood!

the next morning we made a run across the bay to Corpus christi for yet another cout house and decided while there we would go down to the beach. (my first time on a coastal beach, my first and last time on a motorcycle, on a coastal beach as SV's don't float on sand. they sink!!

no picture of SV sinking in sand as it took everyone to drag the pig out.

the USS Lexington!

we were short on time and didn't get to go on board unfortunatly but I plan on returning for the tour.

Comment

this was a small turn out with only twenty bikes, the last run in June had 60 bikes show up.

after eating and visiting it was time to head back north. he hit several more court houses.
          this one cost $64,452usd to build and was finished in 1916

another on in lulling

I rolled into my driveway at 10:30pm with a total of 910 trouble free miles on the SV and thanks to the wonders of Dupont Teflon multi lube I have yet to have to adjust the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
            awesome pictures focus, but i suspect that pecan is a fraud
            I saw a squirrel gnawing on it!

I need another camera, Samsung makes great TV's and appliances, but their Camera's suck, my old 5mp Cannon took much better pics than this 8mp samsung.
            I think my I-phone takes better pics.

samsung

hmmm ok maybe not but it is not far off.

Comment

i used to live in austin, and except for the heat sometimes, i sure do miss texas. those courthouses are beautiful!
              thanks for sharing.

Comment

Maybe next time I'll make one of those pie runs. Needs to be a little closer to home for me.

Comment

Count me in next time, live in New Braunfels

Comment

the next one is at Sam's restaurant in Fairfield, tx. august 29th

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
                      the next one is at Sam's restaurant in Fairfield, tx. august 29th

That one i might do. Doesn't seem to far.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post

Blanco county court house in Johnson city (home of president LBJ!)

Hey Mr. Leon FocusFrenzy,

Thanks for posting the pictures and story.

From Cleburn to Corpus adn back, that would be quite a distance for a day ride. You were in search of pie? Okay. I understand.
                        900 miles you say. Wow.

You mentioned about the Dupont Teflon Multilube....
                        But, ah, you didnt mention about the pie.

Hey, I saw a court house just about like that a few months ago, if not that one then pretty much just like that, but I saw it in Blanco, well I saw some courthouse in Blanco. I was standing under an awning of one of the old stores around the town square, with the rented Harley (from Austin) while it downpoured for about halfhour (of the short 7 hours I had the bike), the courthouse was just acrost the street.
                        <<Later Note: What I saw in Blanco was "Old Blanco Courthouse". Built in 1880something, fours years later it was voted to move county seat to Johnson City. >>

And I was in Sequin visiting my daughter.
                        We did go to Austin one day not in search of pie, but in search of the capital and cupcakes.
                        And we did go to Luliling, but in search of BBQ, where they just slap it down on a piece of butcher paper.

Speaking of CLeburn, I saw Cleburn mentiond on national news the other day. Interviewing town folks about the ground shaking and some folks suspecting its the gas wells. I was waiting to see them interview you, and you saying "Naw, naw, no, its not the gas well."
                        Last edited by Redman; 08-01-2009, 08:04 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

naw naw naw its not the gas wells, its the beens!!!!!

it is CleburnE with a E.

the original courthouse for Blanco county was (and still is) in Blanco and the residents way back then wanted to keep it that way and wouldn't hand over the county records, so the folks from Johnson city sneaked down late one night and broke in and sneaked out with all the records while the folks in Blanco slept.

they are still not happy about it.

city market!! mmmm good, that area is BBQ central and you can pop over to the next town of Lockhart and give Smitty's a try as well.

Comment

Leon,

So,.... its the beans, its the beans.

That Blanco courthouse story is an interesting story.

So we can expect an intersting story from you each month as you go on Texas Pie runs there from Cleburne.

Good to hear from you.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                            X