Complete horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete horror

Yesterday, me and my dad wend to my grandmas houses for dinner.
    We ate and hung out for a bit. My uncle Joey was getting ready to leave and we had parked our bikes behind his car. I went out and moved my bike and then my dad's. For some reason, i wanted to go around the block because the alley way behind my grandma's house is really fun on a bike. Lots of loose gravel to spin your tires.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Tim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] I went down the alley way and turned around at the end to come back. Everything was great. i pulled up and turned around.
    Now, I hope you guys don't think I’m completely unready to ride a bike, but when i pulled up behind my dad's bike I came in a little to hot and i locked my front wheel. In complete shock, i hopelessly approached my dad's beautiful 1982 KZ1000 that I had just moved for him. My bike tipped over and slid into my dad's bike and I fell onto the ground. My bike was on its side so it was still running. I jumped up and turned the key off and ran to my dad's bike which was half tipped over into my grandpa’s truck (luckily not the nice one he just finished rebuilding.) I don't know how I did it but I lifted that bike back up on my own and put the kickstand down. I then ran to my bike and picked it up from it's side, (It's only a 300 so it was kind of light) and wiped the gas up that ran down the side of the tank. I again ran to my dad's bike and very carefully looked it over to make sure i didn't damage anything. To my amazement, both bikes were fine. I went back in the house shaking uncontrollably. My dad playfully said, "did you drop it"
    I said with a straight face "nope" I lied and felt sickened. I told my dad about it like 10
    Minutes ago. He got ****ed because MY bike fell all the way over. I figured it would be A good story to post.

Well now , I'd say that was worth a lottery ticket . Cheers,Simon.

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Could have been a lot worse

Comment

I thought uncle Joey was gonna back over them. Thats what my brother did to mine. Actually he just knocked it over backing up. The only time it has ever been on its side.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

It will all come to you with experence. you just gotta get out there and learn.

i would highly recommend taking a MSF course, they will teach you tight lowspeed manuvering and some tricks for highspeed as well.

Comment

When I read the words "parked behind..." I instinctively thought OH NO!
            One of the first rules, is to NEVER park behind a car/truck.
            You should have told your Father the truth in the first place. You certainly do not want to PO the person that helps you with your scooter!
            And yes, it could have been much worse!

Eric

Comment

Oh man, this reminded me of a story. I was riding my candy apple green '78 KZ1000 (coincidentally) and stopped at a gas station to use the payphone.(cell phones weren't in most peoples vocabulary back in the late eighties.) I parked the bike and walked over to the phone about 150 feet away, unfortunately I parked behind a pickup truck that was parked along the curb. I had just put this bike on the road and was very proud of it. So i'm talking to this girl and looking over at my bike, and the owner of the truck comes out of the store and walks to his truck, the bike is in full view the entire time. He gets in his truck and fires it up, and starts backing up. I start yelling "hey,HEY!! bang, I was parked along the curb also with my tail light facing his tail lights. I dropped the phone and ran over and amazingly the bike never fell over. It skidded along on the kickstand for at least 3 feet and never went down. I was amazed. It did break my tail light lens though. I was a complete jerk and demanded that he pay for it on the spot, after some discussion I convinced him to follow me to the kawasaki shop 3 miles down the road (which I had just left by the way) and buy a replacement on the spot. Of course they were out of stock but I had the parts guy steal one off a bike in the shop and they could replace it with the new one. All this time my girlfriend was hanging on the phone wondering where I went. She hung up eventually. Sorry to hijack
              Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X