Poker anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poker anyone?

I went on my first poker run Saturday. All went well. They raised 1700 dollars to help pay for medical bills for a women who ran over a deer her husband hit in front of her.

The woman was a member of the Iron Wolves RC. My co worker and friend Jaybird is also a member. The story is they were on a group ride going home from a chapter meeting when her husband on an HD Ultra hit a deer that spun out behind him causing her to run over it. Her most serious injury was to her head. She was only wearing a novelty.

Although these people are HD riders and not wearing all the gear all the time. I feel its important to support fellow riders especially in these rough financial times.

As far as my ride went, I had a great time. The HD riders gave me no grief for riding the GS. They didn't even make me ride in the back. That is unitl they realized how slow I was on some of the twistier roads. This is due to unfamiliar roads, and lack of riding time on those kinds of roads. I also was a little intimidated riding in a group Worried I F--up and ruin somebody elses day up as well as my own.

I read alot on here about the HD crowd. I personally know many and would say they are the nicest folks around. I hope I get some future road time with them as great day was had by all.

The woman who wrecked has some scars and slow healing leg but is expected to make a full recovery.

May we all ride safe and not have hold a poker run for our fellow GS'r
    Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2009, 10:29 PM. Reason: Something didn't make sense.

stupid descisions or not, it's nice to support someone. afterall, we all make mistakes, and we all let ego, or the belief that it won't happen to us stand in the way of common sense.

i'm glad she is going to recover.

Comment

Working...
    X